Welcome Welcome to Collingwood Brodie Grundy (pick 18)

Remove this Banner Ad

With the Witts/Grundy combination our rucks are set to dominate for the next decade :D

I haven't seen really anything of this kid but does anyone know if he would be suited to a Quentin Lynch type forward/relief ruck role.

It's time to sit down with my microwaved frozen lasagna and think of how we nailed this years draft.
Jarrod Witts, move over. Tempest has a new favourite and his name starts with B.

Great get, we can be genuinely excited about the post-Jolly era now with a guy that was talked about very seriously for pick #3 and a "certainty" for the top-10. Witts and Grundy, you beauty!

You guy's must think all your Christmases had come at once.

In need of a talented ruckman...

And the best one in the draft falls to you at pick 18. And he's apparently a capable forward.

so insanely jealous. i'm happy the tigers took vlastuin but i had my heart set on grundy. you guys have performed daylight (twilight?) robbery on this one

Well rucks have always been a concern at Collingwood with only Jolly being of quality since big Monkey. I feel like we now have the ruck situation totally covered for 10 years. That is a great feeling. And perhaps we can not give up any more first round draft picks for rucks over the next 10 years too. That would be cool.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the Witts/Grundy combination our rucks are set to dominate for the next decade :D

I haven't seen really anything of this kid but does anyone know if he would be suited to a Quentin Lynch type forward/relief ruck role.

From what i've read he has improved his forward play considerably this year. He is athletic for a guy his size and a strong overhead mark. His highlights show some handy work up forward. Early days I think he would be a good forward relief ruckman but you'd have to expect to miss a bit of mobility compared to a player like Lynch.

Quigley wrote: 'Apparently Grundy is not the brightest star in the night sky....', yet, in the televised interview, Grundy remarks on having to get organized for the next few months at Uni! If he has already matriculated, and is at Uni in SA, he'd have to be a bit smarter than some already on the list at the Pies!

I SERIOUSLY GOT AN ORGASM WHEN I SAW THIS GUY IN COLLINGWOOD JUMPERS. CAN'T BELIEVE IT! HE WAS SUPPOSSED TO BE A TOP 4 DRAFT RANGE. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SO HAPPY

My prayers were answered! I remember watching his highlights and thinking how good would it be if he somehow made it to us. I still can't believe it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back