Player Watch Chris Mayne (Retired 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

There had been questions about his nickname earlier, I think. Apart from Chopper / Chop, apparently also Noodles and Angry Crab.
Am going with the latter, personally.
Whether you like the addition or not, he's one of us now, so we should get around him, I reckon.

There had been questions about his nickname earlier, I think. Apart from Chopper / Chop, apparently also Noodles and Angry Crab.
Am going with the latter, personally.
Whether you like the addition or not, he's one of us now, so we should get around him, I reckon.
Sideshow bob?

It will be interesting to see where Bucks plays him
I think he might get thrown around a bit in the pre-season stuff to see what his best fit will be
I'd rather him be given a defined role so he can settle into it quickly

Do you really think the club is being built around the recruitment of players like him and Wells?

I sure as s**t don't, I see the recruitment of these players as filling a void in our list profile. Nothing more, nothing less.

I see our club being built around players like De Goey, Treloar, and Moore. These guys are the structures around them.

We're giving nothing up, and have just picked up two players who have desirable attributes which we are lacking.
my thoughts exactly. Its not like you guys traded a 1st or 2nd rounder for either bloke

Welcome Chris.

Would love you to bring your 2013 (?) year with you.

In all honesty, now he is one of us, he has my full support.
His 2 best years goal wise was in 2012 when he kicked 39 goals and 7 behinds and in 2013 when he kicked 35 goals and 10 behinds.

He played 24 games each in both of these seasons.

I for one have mixed emotions about this... Happy to get pick 23. I was in the minority and didnt want him to leave.

with the right mind set, I hope hengoes back in that 2012 and 2013 form.

I rarely do this for any former dockers player except for Ryan Crowley But I will be cheering for Chopper Mayne.

Good luck. I hope he does well

His 2 best years goal wise was in 2012 when he kicked 39 goals and 7 behinds and in 2013 when he kicked 35 goals and 10 behinds.

He played 24 games each in both of these seasons.

I for one have mixed emotions about this... Happy to get pick 23. I was in the minority and didnt want him to leave.

with the right mind set, I hope hengoes back in that 2012 and 2013 form.

I rarely do this for any former dockers player except for Ryan Crowley But I will be cheering for Chopper Mayne.

Good luck. I hope he does well

At his peak he was getting less than 2 scoring shots per game...

Really need his kicking boots to be on again.

We lack defensive forwards. Mayne has played some ripper games a fresh start could be all he needs
What has Blair been doing his whole career? Greenwood and Goldsack can also play this role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chopper is like a honey badger in his attack.

Poor Blairy gets brushed off like lint.

Goldy? VFL or Port. Fair point on Greenwood but he might be heading north.

That's plenty because you don't really need a defensive forward.

I never quite understood what Mayne was, a mid-sized defensive forward??
If you wanted to spend 2m on a forward not to kick goals you could've kept Cloke...

I never quite understood what Mayne was, a mid-sized defensive forward??
If you wanted to spend 2m on a forward not to kick goals you could've kept Cloke...
Cloke spent 6 months sulking after his nude scandal. At least Mayne will have a go. He'll get plenty of looks with Wells, Treloar and Pendles hitting him on the tit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back