Player Watch Darcy Cameron

Remove this Banner Ad

Makes sense to have some back up for Grundy and at little cost in the way of draft picks - makes you wonder why this wasn't transacted on day 1.

Anyway hope he makes it and forges a solid career.

Great signing.
When Cox was out Grundy had no real help.
Will be a good get if he can produce up forward as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depends on the prospect, Elliott was a pre-selection we traded for in the Marty Clarke deal and got 35.

I suspect it goes to whichever first year player that sits highest on Collingwoodā€™s draft board.
Elliott was an exceptional 35 pick because at the time he was viewed as being drafted in so to speak as GWS had rights on him.

I stand corrected but thatā€™s my recollection. So he was de facto drafted at about 20 as opposed to a direct draft.

The last Sydney ruckman we traded In was Darren Jolly so I expect a similar result

Namely Darcy and his significant other winning The Block in about a decade
And then Mrs being the pants of the family.

Good luck to him. Happy we didn't pay overs, credit to Sydney also in that regard.

As good as it is to get a player, gotta be realistic, he's got plenty of work to do. The thing that stood out to me was marking, a lot of two grab/fumble marks going by all the highlights packages. I'm sure the club would point to Cox and say as long as he makes a contest it doesn't matter, I partly agree with that if you have 1-2 legitimate crumbers, but still you'd prefer your big blokes to be clunking them.

But good to hear one of the coaches talking about how hard he works at training. At least laziness isn't something we'll have to worry about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back