Player Watch Darcy Cameron

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome aboard DC.
Nice age group for a developing tall and has some handy mentors to work with at the club.

Thank god we haven't paid another 2nd round pick for a Sydney Swan NEAFL player. Obviously a strong trade from us, and it seems as if he has plenty of upside.

I actually almost believed it when someone joked earlier that we had given a future second :p

What next? A realistic salary?

Great trade imo. The point value of the pick downgrade isn’t only 71 points, so it’s essentially Cameron for pick 67. Adds some tall forward/ruck depth which we need. I’d still see if we could get Jenkins in for a late pick and minimal wage.

Will actually be excited to see if what Cameron can do and if he can make an impact.

We've been subsisting on a diet of Grundy with a little Cox and a very raw Lynch for a while now so he's a welcome addition, I just hope his NEAFL form translates to VFL level - from there who knows what could happen.

How'd we manage to get Darcy + pick 62 for just pick 56? Seems like robbery for us, albeit a small one :p

The Swans felt sorry for us after what happened with Sam Murray.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jesus darcy cameron gets s**t tons of the ball in the neafl
watch out pendlebury cameron may take your spot and average 25 a game as a rover

Good luck to him. Happy we didn't pay overs, credit to Sydney also in that regard.

As good as it is to get a player, gotta be realistic, he's got plenty of work to do. The thing that stood out to me was marking, a lot of two grab/fumble marks going by all the highlights packages. I'm sure the club would point to Cox and say as long as he makes a contest it doesn't matter, I partly agree with that if you have 1-2 legitimate crumbers, but still you'd prefer your big blokes to be clunking them.

But good to hear one of the coaches talking about how hard he works at training. At least laziness isn't something we'll have to worry about.

We seem to mostly bring in Hard Workers to the Club.

Sounds like Cameron will do everything he can possibly do to get into our Best 22

We seem to mostly bring in Hard Workers to the Club.

Sounds like Cameron will do everything he can possibly do to get into our Best 22
I think the culture change in our club over the last few years would suggest that he would have to be a pretty decent sort of bloke before he could get a gig with us.

Reckon this spells the end for Max Lynch?
Well he’s had 3 years on the rookie list, so most likely has to be upgraded to the senior list.
Hopefully the club can apply to keep him 1 more year as a rookie.
Would like to see another year of development.
Doubt they will give him a senior list spot.
It’s rookie or bye bye.

CONFIRMED: Darcy Cameron is a Pie
As reported by Michael Gleeson a short time ago, Sydney ruckman Darcy Cameron has joined Collingwood in exchange for pick 56. The Pies will also receive pick 62 from the Swans.

Cameron joins the Pies on a two-year deal.

Collingwood list manager Ned Guy said Cameron's versatility and his developing ruck craft would add depth and provide new options for coach Nathan Buckley to explore.

"We have been keen for some time to add to our group of ruckmen and Darcy is someone we identified as a good fit for our squad," Guy said.
"We like his marking ability and think that, apart from time spent on the ball, he can develop into a presence in front of the ball. Darcy has the instincts of a natural footballer. I think he will give Nathan and the coaching group real flexibility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back