Player Watch Edward Allan

Should we have the wheels fall off I'd be looking to trade out some much loved player with any currency at end of year like an Elliott.
Harsh but we need trade currency to help stimulate the rebuild.

We got pick 33 for Taylor Adams.

We basically upgraded a pick in the high 30’s for a pick in the low 30’s for Jack Ginnivan.

What do you realistically think we’d get for Jamie Elliott?

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
We got pick 33 for Taylor Adams.

We basically upgraded a pick in the high 30’s for a pick in the low 30’s for Jack Ginnivan.

What do you realistically think we’d get for Jamie Elliott?

20 to 30 range if his form holds up to the right team contending.

Maybe it's a player swap someone off GWS reserves highly rated young talent but not getting a game.
Elliott himself was a pre list gws selection.

Outside that they stay and ride out a hard rebuild phase.
We have 9 30 plus.
3 28yo.

Elliott was just a name BTW more to the point we may see some moved on to expeidiate the process some what but not too much to not help the newbs learn what required.

And those were bad trade results other teams don't roll over like us.

20 to 30 range if his form holds up to the right team contending.

Respectfully disagree with that. I think all we’d get would be a token pick to help him get to the club we wants to go to (and who wants him). That’s no disrespect to him, it’s just the role he plays (making small forward) is not prized unless the player brings something else - eg: Toby Greene (leadership) or Charlie Cameron (speed).

He doesn’t have many seasons left in him, has never been part of the leadership group, and he hasn’t been the most durable player

Elliott was just a name BTW more to the point we may see some moved on to expeidiate the process some what but not too much to not help the newbs learn what required.

“Hard call” / “much loved” / “trade currency” would be players like Brayden Maynard (we might get a late first for him), or Josh Daicos (might get an early first)

Last edited:
Respectfully disagree with that. I think all we’d get would be a token pick to help him get to the club we wants to go to (and who wants him). That’s no disrespect to him, it’s just the role he plays (making small forward) is not prized unless the player brings something else - eg: Toby Greene (leadership) or Charlie Cameron (speed).

He doesn’t have many seasons left in him, has never been part of the leadership group, and he hasn’t been the most durable player

“Hard call” / “much loved” / “trade currency” would be players like Brandon Maynard (we might get a late first for him), or Josh Daicos (might get an early first)
Yep. we're not going to be able to get somehting good coming back from our over 30s or our unproven kids.Here are our blokes who currently have currency:

Naicos
Jaicos
Hill (might hold it, but it might drop)
Moore
JDG
Bruzzy
Schultz
IQ

Who wants to trade any of them?

Not sure if McReery has much currency or not? Murphy would have curreny if it wasn't for concussions.

Hopefully Reef, Macrae and another kid or two can grow their value over the coming year, but I can't see us willingly trading out anyone I've mentioned.

Yep. we're not going to be able to get somehting good coming back from our over 30s or our unproven kids.Here are our blokes who currently have currency:

Naicos
Jaicos
Hill (might hold it, but it might drop)
Moore
JDG
Bruzzy
Schultz
IQ

Who wants to trade any of them?

Not sure if McReery has much currency or not? Murphy would have curreny if it wasn't for concussions.

Hopefully Reef, Macrae and another kid or two can grow their value over the coming year, but I can't see us willingly trading out anyone I've mentioned.

I’d exclude anybody under 25 because there is not much point trading a proven young player for unproven 18 year old(s)

I’d exclude Moore because we need his leadership.

I’d exclude anybody under 25 because there is not much point trading a proven young player for unproven 18 year old(s)

I’d exclude Moore because we need his leadership.
I'd exclude them all. Regardless of how we go this year, I think that group puts us in a position to win another flag over the next 5 years if we can add some more senior players around them and a couple of the 30+ guys have some longevity. Adding senior players around the edges can be done cheaply - as we showed in 2022 - plus some of our up and comers aren't 18 and may be ready to contribute very soon.

Last edited:
Back