List Mgmt. Welcome to Collingwood Geoff Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

I just don't understand something.

He left Collingwood in 2013citing he was done with footy for a while. He went straight to North
He now leaves North and comes back to us?

So....why even leave? The people he was rumoured to hate are still at Collingwood. Why come back?

He left Collingwood in 2013citing he was done with footy for a while. He went straight to North

So....why even leave? The people he was rumoured to hate are still at Collingwood. Why come back?

Dear Walshy,

You were right, I was wrong. My way has caused havoc. Please come back and I will never stick my beak into things that I don't know shite about.

Regards
Perty

Last edited:
Dear Walshy,

You were right I was wrong. My way has caused havoc. Please come back and I will never stick my beak into things that i don't know shite about.

Regards
Perty

Hope that's the case. Either way, this just seems...strange. Balme made sense. Balme, for all intents and purposes publicly blamed Malthouse for him leaving. So him coming back only a couple of years after Malthouse is gone is understandable.

Walsh is coming back to the SAME Collingwood he left. In fact, it's in far worse shape.

Good get by the club, Walshy is a good operator.

Perhaps the rumours Pert is going to the MCC are true. It means we'd then need to hop and find a new CEO. It would be a lot of administrative changes in an offseason.

Maybe the rumours were just false?

There seems to be so many 'facts' peddled around that seem to get traction on BigFooty just through regurgitation and don't seem to have a huge basis in reality. I'm sure there's credibility to a lot of them, but it's mental how quickly things get cast in stone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There seems to be so many 'facts' peddled around that seem to get traction on BigFooty just through regurgitation and don't seem to have a huge basis in reality. I'm sure there's credibility to a lot of them, but it's mental how quickly things get cast in stone.

It's because Clubs cover up and flat out lie a lot. So stuff leaks. I mean, let's be honest, how any times have there been rumours that turned out to NOT be true? Not often.

It's because Clubs cover up and flat out lie a lot. So stuff leaks. I mean, let's be honest, how any times have there been rumours that turned out to NOT be true? Not often.

A tonne of player tumours tend to be nonsense, and I'm always fascinated by who exactly knows how back of house staff and administrators feel towards each other, and how quickly it becomes established fact.

Either way, hopefully we hang onto a 'head of football' for more than just a couple seasons. Continuity is key in footy.

Because the rumours are probably bullshit.

Nope.

This one's legit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back