List Mgmt. Welcome to Collingwood Geoff Walsh

Remove this Banner Ad

I just don't understand something.

He left Collingwood in 2013citing he was done with footy for a while. He went straight to North
He now leaves North and comes back to us?

So....why even leave? The people he was rumoured to hate are still at Collingwood. Why come back?
Too annoy us, pure and simple

It's because Clubs cover up and flat out lie a lot. So stuff leaks. I mean, let's be honest, how any times have there been rumours that turned out to NOT be true? Not often.

Micro management by media... does it matter why he left? Is it any of our business why any employee of any business should choose to move on?

Good operator.
The end.

He's there now, all systems go

A tonne of player tumours tend to be nonsense, and I'm always fascinated by who exactly knows how back of house staff and administrators feel towards each other, and how quickly it becomes established fact.

Either way, hopefully we hang onto a 'head of football' for more than just a couple seasons. Continuity is key in footy.

Because as I said, stuff gets covered up and never gets out for one reason or another.

But does he have his groove back?

Who knows. He was at North for 3 and a half seasons and they effectively did bupkiss in that time relative to before he stepped in the door there. At Collingwood he came in 2006 and we played finals every year he was there from the season he started and won a flag.

Hopefully he hasn't lost his touch?

Well it's not unbelievable, it's just 'established fact' on the basis of BF rumours.

I don't really care either way, just find it all very curious.

As I said not rumour.

Well you sound like you know Exactly what Happened.

Why the Big Chang then Scodog10 ?

I'm neither Gary Pert or Geoff Walsh so I don't know what has happened since and whether this is a long term arrangement (I expect its not). For all I know one party realised they buggered up and made peace with the other!

What I can confirm though is that its no rumour that the two clashed previously.

Micro management by media... does it matter why he left? Is it any of our business why any employee of any business should choose to move on?

Yes, if it effects their ability to operate within their role it becomes our business as members.

Great appointment. Cue the Caro and Slobbo articles on how we failed to take the club forward by signing Walsh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, if it effects their ability to operate within their role it becomes our business as members.

That's about as clear as mud...

If an employee is leaving then how they operate within that role is irrelevant..

And he was replaced by Balme so net effect... 3/5s of FA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great appointment. Cue the Caro and Slobbo articles on how we failed to take the club forward by signing Walsh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and How he was not our 1st Choice

Personally I still think Balme was made a scapegoat for Buckley and another failed season and we should have just replaced the coach.

As for Walsh it all comes down to his motivation for taking the job and what we have planned for 2018 and beyond as to whether this is a good move or not.

Walsh was set to scale back his role at North next season but now has taken on this job with us.

I wonder if he's only committed for season 2017 with a wait and see approach at the end of next year.

As others have stated it's all very incestuous when it comes to being appointed the football manager of Collingwood with Balme, Allan and Walsh all serving the club in past appointments.

North supporters are a bit salty over this.

Yeah a bit weird that. A fair chunk of it seems to be over the LT umpire stuff and it just seems like finger pointing when Scott was the one that chose to mouth off. I'm personally having a hard time buying that Walsh advised him to do that...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back