Player Watch Harvey Harrison

Remove this Banner Ad

Notes: The prolific teenager was one of the standout midfielders of the under-18 competition in the first half of the season, impressing with his run-and-carry and ability to burst from congestion. Although slightly inconsistent with his ball-use, Harrison kicks goals and works hard to create going forward and capped off his SANFL season with 34 disposals – at 82 per cent efficiency – 16 contested possessions, 14 score involvements, 10 clearances and 163 ranking points in the final minor round. The 18-year-old then clocked the quickest 20m sprint time (2.845 secs) of any potential draftee in the country at the combine.
Stats:
2021 SANFL U18 (17 games):
25.2 disposals, 9.6 contested possessions, 6.4 score involvements, 106 ranking points
2020 SANFL U18 (13 games): 15.4 disposals, 2.7 clearances, 1.1 score assists, 78 ranking points"

Not a Bad Final Game for Recruiters

does concern me when there are doubts on someone's kicking ability - hopefully not James Wasley Mk 2.
Ha, JW was picked purely for pace as we didn't have any!
Hanger, (hang on Harvey) is more like Ed Langdon, (eerily very similar stature and weight too)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome to the Pies Harvey. Know nothing about him but he’s one of us now. Think I read somewhere that he thinks he possesses some Dangerfield and Petracca like playing qualities. No pressure there! Lol

Either way go well young fella.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Very mature responses on the radio. If he can play as well as he speaks then we have a ripper. I loved the way he compared himself with Dangerfield in a non-grandiose way. Best of luck to him. Welcome aboard double haitch.

Very mature responses on the radio. If he can play as well as he speaks then we have a ripper. I loved the way he compared himself with Dangerfield in a non-grandiose way. Best of luck to him. Welcome aboard double haitch.
Not much posted about this lad but I have a sneaky feeling he could be a surprise packet.

Kevin Sheehan write up - fastest player tested this year over 20m!
Showed blistering speed at the NAB AFL Draft Combine to be the fastest player tested this year with his 2.85 seconds in the 20 metres, ranking him No.1 nationally.

I wonder if he could become the fleet footed crumbing forward we need?

does concern me when there are doubts on someone's kicking ability - hopefully not James Wasley Mk 2.
I posted a link elsewhere on Richmond’s drafting strategy. It was simple, elite kicking skills.
They’ve seen a shift in the way the rules have changed the game and decided the new rules require ok better kicking skills.
Meanwhile we look to recruits with question marks of kicking skills?
Iunderstand this is a speculative pick, but if we had better kicking skills we would have won 2018. And it appears we haven’t learnt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back