Player Watch Bobby “Norm” Hill

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at our most recent line up against Sydney, how do we think he practically fits in our team?

Out: Bianco and In: Hill, then move Mcreery a bit further up the ground?

I reckon they'd like to see Hill move up the ground as well. Hoskin had a decent year but Hill should be eyeing something like that. In his interview on the website he mentioned his defensive pressure which I liked, but he also mentioned how he likes to get up and back. Reckon this would be music to the coaches ears and why he is at the club.

On another board a gws supporter said he didn't rate him and was lucky not to be dropped this year but they had no one else in the role. So I think we need to reinvent his role as less of a typical crumber that struggled with the GWS slow play, and give him freedom and make him apart of forward surges.

He's a good point of difference to the forward line, if he can bring the same tackling ferocity as McCreery not many defenders are gonna enjoy playing collingwood.

I'm liking our small forward mix for next year

McCreery is the tackling pressure machine
Ginnivan is the finisher
Bobby is the blend of both

Rapt

Last edited:
I can see Bobby kicking about 20 goals from the goal line next year.

Our surge football is going to see him get a lot over the back streaming through the 50.

Excited in Hill, we really have some serious wheels in our side now, especially with what we paid.

1 from 1 so far for GW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see Bobby kicking about 20 goals from the goal line next year.

Our surge football is going to see him get a lot over the back streaming through the 50.

Excited in Hill, we really have some serious wheels in our side now, especially with what we paid.

1 from 1 so far for GW.

Judging by his highlights most of his goals are from getting out the back and running into space as his opponents have pushed up

I like the idea of him not just adding depth but competition for spots in that small forward structure, obviously we are blessed in this department already with the creativity of Ginny and pressure of beau, If healthy can see him being good for 20ish goals and heaps of forward pressure and around the ground speed and assists, I'm a fan 👍

He's the sort of player that suits our new gameplan down to the ground – lightning fast, nimble as *, clean hands and good skills. These are the exact traits you want forward of the ball when you move with as much manic speed as we do.

If Kreuger can stay on the park, we'll have probably the most athletically gifted forwardline I can remember watching in black and white – all of Kreugz, McCreery and Hill would be top few percentile for their size in terms of speed and agility. Elliott is no slouch, either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back