Player Watch Isaac Quaynor

Remove this Banner Ad

So you think my claim is outlandish?

Can you let us know his opponent breakdown across those 9 games and what they were able to do while he was opposed to them?
You're the one making the claim. You need to come up with evidence to support what you're saying about Appleby. Incidentally it was suggested at the club member's forum that had Appleby not been injured he might well have played in the GF. That makes what you're saying at odds with the coaching group at Collingwood.

You're the one making the claim. You need to come up with evidence to support what you're saying about Appleby. Incidentally it was suggested at the club member's forum that had Appleby not been injured he might well have played in the GF. That makes what you're saying at odds with the coaching group at Collingwood.
I don’t need to do anything.

And that worries me.

And maybe the opponents he was given is reflective of his current ability?
Or his current experience...

Do you expect Quaynor to be put on the oppositions best small forward from day one, or would you expect that task to be given to one of our more experienced defenders in Crisp or Maynard?

Or his current experience...

Do you expect Quaynor to be put on the oppositions best small forward from day one, or would you expect that task to be given to one of our more experienced defenders in Crisp or Maynard?

If Quaynor is good enough then yes.

If you provide some evidence he shut down some one good, I’ll concede. Otherwise I’m going to continue believe he’s shut down ability isn’t anything special atm.

Mike you have called me out before on the mainboard “Buckley gf performance” thread for not bringing up facts to support my “Buckley gave us every chance to win” comment, yet you aren’t willing to bring facts up to support your own posts when someone calls you out?

Last edited:
If you provide some evidence he shut down some one good, I’ll concede. Otherwise I’m going to continue believe he’s shut down ability isn’t anything special atm.

You can't make the strident claim he hasn't beaten anyone of note and then not be able to name the people to whom you are referring. People aren't your research assistants who need to go and do research into your claims. That's quite Trumpesque.

Mike you have called me out before on the mainboard “Buckley gf performance” thread for not bringing up facts to support my “Buckley gave us every chance to win” comment, yet you aren’t willing to bring facts up to support your own posts when someone calls you out?
I’m still waiting on that btw

Also I didn’t demand facts just reasoning

Last edited:
I’m still waiting on that btw

Also I didn’t demand facts just reasoning
Can you?

Honestly i was never going to go indepth with it similar to how you don’t want to track down Applebys record, i was at the game and dont intend on watching a replay to give you an analysis. I was going off my own personal opinion, so stats werent necessary to bring in, its a agree/disagree situation.

I need to stay off the main board in general let alone that thread, but i always find my way back..

Can you?

Honestly i was never going to go indepth with it similar to how you don’t want to track down Applebys record, i was at the game and dont intend on watching a replay to give you an analysis. I was going off my own personal opinion, so stats werent necessary to bring in, its a agree/disagree situation.

I need to stay off the main board in general let alone that thread, but i always find my way back..
I didn’t ask for stats, all I asked was what did Buckley do to keep the scores close. Wasn’t looking for an in-depth answer where you backed it up with every stat under the sun.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn’t ask for stats, all I asked was what did Buckley do to keep the scores close. Wasn’t looking for an in-depth answer where you backed it up with every stat under the sun.
What are you looking for then? I literally told you it was my opinion? My opinion was that because he still had his team in the lead extremely late in the game, that was giving his side every chance to hold on, and that the final 1-2 minutes relies on players instinct. I’ve mentioned all this on that same thread, and thats pretty much the only answer you will get from me?

Any way, thread well and truely derailed, so back to only Quaynor talk on this thread from me.

What are you looking for then? I literally told you it was my opinion? My opinion was that because he still had his team in the lead extremely late in the game, that was giving his side every chance to hold on, and that the final 1-2 minutes relies on players instinct. I’ve mentioned all this on that same thread, and thats pretty much the only answer you will get from me?

Any way, thread well and truely derailed, so back to only Quaynor talk on this thread from me.

Mike loves to troll.

Last Few Seasons we have had Trouble Stopping Small/Medium Forwards so with Issac that should help that out
Should be able to help out at times, but don’t expect to much next season, will l believe given a taste of it. Will play plenty of vfl if we have few injuries

Should be able to help out at times, but don’t expect to much next season, will l believe given a taste of it. Will play plenty of vfl if we have few injuries

People where saying same thing about Stephenson and I think IQ Body is lot More AFL Ready then Jaiyden was

People where saying same thing about Stephenson and I think IQ Body is lot More AFL Ready then Jaiyden was
I’m guessing they both are on different talent level.

Half of Jaiydn’s success was his high end talent level.
Suspect Quaynor not quite that level of supreme talent.

But do agree IQ looks physically ready at least.

Yes, physically he looks ready, but the main difference is we are at this moment better positioned in the back line, and as such the club can take there time with him and bring him along more slowly.
Prepare him for the riggers of afl. I believe he will get games, as he is a good player, but hoping it’s on form, not because he looks ready
Stephenson playing as a mainly forward pocket, and with his pace got away with it, and who else did we have who was just as good not injured.

Last Few Seasons we have had Trouble Stopping Small/Medium Forwards so with Issac that should help that out

Which small forwards got a hold of us this year?

Yeah, but Stephenson got his chance because Elliott, Fasolo, and Wells were all unavailable for senior selection R1.