Player Watch Isaac Quaynor

Remove this Banner Ad

I like the versatility of having Howe and Langdon being able to play taller, as they give us great rebound.

Back in Moore to become the main KPD, and thankfully he is also agile enough to intercept and can be a rebounding player.

Maynard should again be first choice on guys like Greene, Gray etc

Crisp has been amazing running off HB, reminds me of Benny Johnson in that a bit of a maligned player, he could push higher up the ground but is best suited as the running overlap type player.

Those five will hopefully be the main group.

then have a guy like Berg returning from injury who could slot in, Goldsack won’t want to give his spot up, Dunn/Reid/Roughy if we need another big body, smaller guys like Aish, Greenwood, Apples even Varcoe might become a lock down small type.

Also wouldn’t put it past one of our other kids potentially jumping up at a change of role across HB - Daicos, Brown, Murphy or potentially the return of Elliott and addition of Beams may enable Stephenson to be played as an attacking runner off HB.

If IQ can come in and earn a spot ahead of guys like Greenwood, Goldsack, Aish and Varcoe we have a ripper on our hands!!!

Given they can both play taller than their hiehgt suggests, I don't see why we can't play both?

I really like the versatility of:

Appleby Moore Maynard
Quaynor Goldsack Howe

That - at least to me, looks like a really dynamic attacking defensive unit with a pretty good spread of defenders. With an ability to cover forward lines of all sizes.

You could play both. I do think Crisp and Maynard are the incumbents. I also reckon the coaches will place a lot of value on continuity and experience in the back six so may be averse with going with both unless forced. At least for the coming season. I think Quaynor and Appleby offer good balance together so agree with you there.

Interesting that Roughead said he had been impressed by Appleby and thought he was going to be a good player!
I keep hearing that Appelby is well regarded.

I just love how tight the competition is for spots.

That can only be great for us.

I'm hoping for something similiar to a young Lumumba. Would love someone who can break lines and run with the ball a bit.

And much better options?

You can form your own opinions on that but given the Doggies performances in 2018 it's a pretty tough case to make. Likely more a case that given their year there was nothing to lose giving Naughton extra exposure so more like the Dees - Dunn scenario.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does look to be running on top of the grass in training clips, solid, mature physically, bit of dash and movement, working hard. Like the look of him, could be one that breaks through early.

If he doesn't play round 1 I swear man.. I will grow my lawn/weeds 1 meter high front and back and just walk past it day in day out and not notice it like half the population does in Melbourne.. nevermind it takes 5-10 minutes to mow the damn thing re..

I have had it up to my friggen eyeballs with this s**t man.. that's it for me man!

Melbourne felt the same about Lynden Dunn. Freo felt the same about Leigh Brown.
Lynden Dunn circumstances were different to the other two.