Player Watch Jay Rantall (Delisted 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

He doesn't sound like anything at all in the 2nd video. Just a photo with no movement and no sound. A pointless inclusion.
I thought it was very artistic.

Saw a comment in the draft thread that us selecting Rantall could mean we trade out Phillips next year for cap relief. Do people buy into that theory?

No as Jay is a Inside Mid and Phillips is a Wingman

People say how shocked then Bianco got to us then I guess we been even more Shocked with Jay getting to us as we picked him over Bianco
The shock is the double we got.

i suspect (no real proof) that we pegged Rantall quite high and was always above Bianco if push came to shove.

im very buoyant about Rantall as he brings such high level athleticism and such high level work ethic.
those types (if healthy) inevitably make it. And he does know football so it’s not a new thing for him.

Saw a comment in the draft thread that us selecting Rantall could mean we trade out Phillips next year for cap relief. Do people buy into that theory?
Only stupid people who think a winger would be traded because we recruited an inside mid who has good endurance.

The shock is the double we got.

i suspect (no real proof) that we pegged Rantall quite high and was always above Bianco if push came to shove.

im very buoyant about Rantall as he brings such high level athleticism and such high level work ethic.
those types (if healthy) inevitably make it. And he does know football so it’s not a new thing for him.

I suspect when it came down to picking between then we went with the kid who had a real point of difference (ie. extreme endurance).

When we saw Bianco still there after several more picks we pounced in a classic Hard vs Soft move...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Certainly can hit a three pointer!

Unfortunately, of all the basketball related skills, the outside three point shooter is probably the least relevant for AFL...

If he can shoot for goal like that, wow.

we have something.

high level achiever, I likes

NB to all the pessimists, no, shooting baskets does not mean kicking goals in football.
just pointing out, he’s an achiever and making an observation how good would it be to have a straight shooter at goal.

Last edited:

Phillips holds value in the market—so he could net us a good return and he would be on decent coin too which we can free up without having to compromise our main guns.

not saying it will happen however, i can understand the logic

Elite is elite.

two tremendous runners and watching Tom in games and how he runs is glorious.

But!

Jay is on a different level again.

And it’s those extra talents a club can bring in that makes that extra difference.

I likes.

Big off season for Steelo.
Conditions makes a difference in running, seems a very windy day.

as I assume Steele came 3rd he’s still at a high level endurance beast.

but how good is Kelly, Murphy, Lynch going?

kelly and lynch being key position types that’s darn satisfying.

Rantall gee he excites me. (Ofcourse new draftees are hope sellers, and he’s selling good.)

Wow. For Rantall to win the 2km time trial on his FIRST day at the club is pretty darn impressive.
Dare I say it, but it provides a ray of hope going forward. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back