Player Watch John Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Only kidding 35Daicos

Collingwood’s mid-season draft pick-up John Noble has rocketed into the selection frame as coach Nathan Buckley considers making changes for Friday night’s Grand Final rematch against West Coast.
Noble had another 28 possessions in the VFL on Saturday, while hard nut midfielder Taylor Adams may still be another week away to fix a serious groin injury.

Spearhead Mason Cox will have to fight to keep his spot at training this week after struggling in the Pies’ surprise loss to Hawthorn on Friday night.

Collingwood has been soundly beaten in the air in its three games against the Eagles last year and may still need Cox to compete hard in attack against key backs Jeremy McGovern and Tom Barrass.

Collingwood has a tough run against West Coast, Greater Western Sydney and Richmond over the next three weeks and need to regain form quickly to keep hold of a top-four spot.

Noble, 22, has bolted into the selection frame after impressing with his elite speed and decision-making skills over the past three games in the VFL.
In particular, his kicking could become a weapon off half back as the Magpies look to rediscover some more run and precision ball-use out of defence.

Noble, who was emergency for the loss to Hawthorn on Friday night, has averaged 24 possessions since he was taken from West Adelaide in the SANFL with pick No. 14 in the mid-season draft.

Collingwood had only 35 inside 50s against the Hawks and will look to refine its ball movement this week to help better supply its forward line targets.

pablo disco bar

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Liking what I'm hearing about this bloke

An astute pick up

I know I say just play him but curiosity has got me.

We need to try something different

Noble and quaynor off the back flanks..

Maybe moore forward miocheck back..

Come on pies be brave

DO SOMETHING

Cox in the ruck
Grundy de goey and treloar in the guts

COMEON

Blood Bomber

Team Captain
May 19, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
Seems the two boys from West Adelaide have impressed so far with their vfl teams and may both debut this round. That's a credit to both players who have entered established vfl teams mid season and haven't broken stride. Different team mates, opposition, grounds and conditions. Truly remarkable.

Soups

Premium Platinum
Jul 16, 2006
AFL Club
Collingwood
Let’s hope he can step up quickly because we really need his run and dare in the team. Looking forward to his debut. Him and IQ in the team is exciting times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
What's this run out of defence concept they're talking about?

I hear the beaker is manic.

giphy.gif

Aug 29, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Seems the two boys from West Adelaide have impressed so far with their vfl teams and may both debut this round. That's a credit to both players who have entered established vfl teams mid season and haven't broken stride. Different team mates, opposition, grounds and conditions. Truly remarkable.

I have been arguing it for over a decade that SANFL is overall a higher quality league then VFL these days.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
I haven't seen this kid live and the VFL replays haven't actually shown us much about him, from those that have seen him, what can we expect?

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Pies_10

Premiership Player
May 29, 2007
Rosebud,Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Arsenal, Baltimore Ravens
Wow premiership favourites at the start now playing a mid season player from no where, how well are we traveling lol

I haven't seen this kid live and the VFL replays haven't actually shown us much about him, from those that have seen him, what can we expect?

Someone who can Take the Game on and can Actually Kick it to a Teammate

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Surely not John. Maybe his brother Ig you're thinking of.
Never beaker.

Ig maybe.

But a loss or two and the volume goes up a tad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back