Player Watch Jordan Roughead

Remove this Banner Ad

Having a fit and firing Moore and Elliot in the side would be a massive injection of talent to last season.

IF Those 2 played in the Grand Final WE WIN

IF Those 2 played in the Grand Final WE WIN
That would be correct, assuming all things equal.

I’d even suggest Scharenberg over Goldsack and we’d be at least 1 goal to the good.

But they can say if, Nic Nat played.....

That would be correct, assuming all things equal.

I’d even suggest Scharenberg over Goldsack and we’d be at least 1 goal to the good.

But they can say if, Nic Nat played.....

and Gaff as well

Or maybe we would of lost by more because no Stephenson to kick 2 goals in the 1st quarter? Who knows... No point speculating now, West Coast were missing 2 of their best 3 players.

Maybe. Then I could say IF Nic Nat played we might of win as they would not have Vardy and Lycett to play Grundy Perfecttly

If—
BY RUDYARD KIPLING

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!

If—
BY RUDYARD KIPLING

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son!
Kipling stole that from Grandpa Simpson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i wasnt to happy when we signed Roughead but i can see the logic.
He is not costing to much like wells and you can even put Mayne in that category.
In my opinion out of the older key positional players he potentialy is in my opinion our 2nd best option behind only a fit Reid but ahead of Dunn and Goldsack.
Can become the 2019 version of leigh Brown he can play in the ruck and any postion in the spine

Last edited:
Every single Collingwood senior recruit is part of the plan. Roughead will play senior footy early, make no mistake. If a 34-year old Ben Hudson was recruited to play an important role in our 2013 campaign, expect Roughy to do so as well. Personally I see him as a clear upgrade on our key defensive depth options like Reid and Goldsack.

Every single Collingwood senior recruit is part of the plan. Roughead will play senior footy early, make no mistake. If a 34-year old Ben Hudson was recruited to play an important role in our 2013 campaign, expect Roughy to do so as well. Personally I see him as a clear upgrade on our key defensive depth options like Reid and Goldsack.

Reid is better then Roughy but has Major Injury Problems and Goldsack it a not a Key Defender

Roughead is great recruiting. We were never going to be in a better position than Melbourne to get Steven May this year and would have had to have hoped he would have stayed at the Suns so we could get him as a free agent next year.

The added bonus to Roughead is that he adds depth to the ruck and forward line as well as down back.

The real genius in recruiting Roughead is that we gave nothing more than pick 75 (I think - some pick in the 70s) for Roughead and the Dogs accepted it. Whichever pick it was that we gave up, it had zero points attached to it that we would have had to rely on for the bid matching. Getting Roughead for a pick we were never going to use and only a two year deal is, as they say, like giving up a packet of chicken Twisties for him.

Roughead is great recruiting. We were never going to be in a better position than Melbourne to get Steven May this year and would have had to have hoped he would have stayed at the Suns so we could get him as a free agent next year.

The added bonus to Roughead is that he adds depth to the ruck and forward line as well as down back.

The real genius in recruiting Roughead is that we gave nothing more than pick 75 (I think - some pick in the 70s) for Roughead and the Dogs accepted it. Whichever pick it was that we gave up, it had zero points attached to it that we would have had to rely on for the bid matching. Getting Roughead for a pick we were never going to use and only a two year deal is, as they say, like giving up a packet of chicken Twisties for him.
Agree.
You’d think basic salary cap only.
Jack of all trades type, medium talent type.
Excellent individual character wise.

I’d be delighted if we never have to use him, as to me he’s recruited for depth, ruck, back, forward.
Eg Dunn misses first few weeks, Roughead fills in. Or Cox misses a week when he cops a week for swatting some knumbskull who got in his way.
On that basis it’s our plus having him.

Ben Hudson. Almost forgot about him. Hudson was one those rocks / warhorses that had an aura about him that when things would get tough, you would want him at your side. Similar to Dunn. I can't say that about Roughy . For me he is a replacement of Reid with a ruck option to boost. Would come in more then handy.

That's right. He was recruited as a ruckman/key forward which is one of the reasons McLarty was delisted. To get a game one of Mihocek, Cox or Grundy is either injured or loses form (he's well ahead of Max Lynch). Down back we're reasonably settled with Goldsack, Dunn, Madgen, Murphy, Reid or Moore taking over at least one of the key defensive posts. Roughead could play as a key back but you wouldn't think he would be needed.

Ben Hudson. Almost forgot about him. Hudson was one those rocks / warhorses that had an aura about him that when things would get tough, you would want him at your side. Similar to Dunn. I can't say that about Roughy . For me he is a replacement of Reid with a ruck option to boost. Would come in more then handy.

Roughead said to be a Fantastic Club Man

Roughead said to be a Fantastic Club Man
I get that feeling too, he seems to be blending in well . He and Grundy could swap glasses and you wouldn't know it.
Although it is too early to tell, you wonder how a May would have fitted in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back