Player Watch Jordan Roughead

Remove this Banner Ad

I suspect we were trying to give them the pick in the 50s that we gave to Brisbane.

But that wouldn't make sense. If we were willing to lose a 3rd rounder we would've just signed him as a free agent. The reason I suspect we didn't was because that would nullify the Fas compo pick.

But that wouldn't make sense. If we were willing to lose a 3rd rounder we would've just signed him as a free agent. The reason I suspect we didn't was because that would nullify the Fas compo pick.
Good will, plus we'll probably only take 4 vacancies and therefore 4 picks into the draft.

Sad to see him go. By all reports rough was one of the key players to rally the troops post the 2014 drama.

Sadly we just couldn’t see him as our first ruck anymore and the rest of his game was faltering.

Change of environment has every chance of changing that.

Will always remember his insane 2016 elim final goal on the run from outside 50 (taking a contested mark then playing on and banging it through) against the eagles and his mark in the 2016 grand final from the kick in after JJ’s goal was overturned. The eagles moment perhaps didn’t count as much because we were in control but that grand final mark eased the nerves after that score review put huge doubt in a lot of minds

Welcome.

Nice spare parts.
Cost nothing.

Adds depth and decency to the group.

My old boss who is a mad bulldogs supporter and has been involved with the dogs for years has been his player sponser. She hates the pies but loves roughie so much she said she will continue to sponsor him at the pies. According to her he is about as good a young man as you could find anywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A good get for next to nothing, at a minimum, he's quality depth. Be interesting to see where he plays, defence or ruck.

Welcome to the Mighty Magpies Jordan.

Will provide much needed ruck and KPD depth. A 200cm premiership player and a good clubman to boot. Almost a free hit at pick 75.

Added bonus is that he could step in and play FB round 1 if needed; not sure many other pick 75's would be able to do that.

Astute money ball style recruitment Pies :thumbsu:

Think he's too slow to play as a defender. Will be a good back up ruck though and will move into a coaching role post footy.

Brilliant business, this.

More excited about Jordan than I am about Beams from a list perspective.

Insurance for Grundy, insurance for Cox, insurance for Dunn/Moore, performs in big finals and still has 3-4 quality years left — I suspect he's going to play a lot of footy for us in a spare parts role and be a high-quality character while doing it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back