Player Watch Jordan Roughead

Remove this Banner Ad

Would have been handy this year with the injuries we endured, although we seemed to cover them ok (even though we weren’t playing TOP teams when we had to play Oxley & Madgen).

Would have been handy against Sydney when Buddy ran amok against Madgen & we lost by a kick very late in the game.

He better be training as a key defender this preseason... If I hear news of Bucks trying him in the rucks to give Grundy more time up forward im gonna flip out

Interesting that posters can bag Sam Rowe but those same posters can’t handle any form of criticism of Collingwood players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well one is Carlton.

Surely that deserves an extra special slice of blue bagging?

It's only fair :)

Would have been handy against Sydney when Buddy ran amok against Madgen & we lost by a kick very late in the game.
Buddy was in one of those moods that night, not many defensive units as a whole would of kept Buddy quite that night. That night we kicked 3.8 in the second half. That is what lost us the game

So why did the Bulldogs let him go?

I don’t see him as a defender, although he’ll prob have to play there to start the season with our injuries.

I see him as a forward/ruck.

In the GF Grundy and Cox both played 110mins game time. Eagles rucks played 75mins each. 1 extra tall would’ve made a huge difference and lightened the load of Cox and Grundy.

So why did the Bulldogs let him go?

I don’t see him as a defender, although he’ll prob have to play there to start the season with our injuries.

I see him as a forward/ruck.

In the GF Grundy and Cox both played 110mins game time. Eagles rucks played 75mins each. 1 extra tall would’ve made a huge difference and lightened the load of Cox and Grundy.

He'll need to knock Mihocek out of the 22 if he wants to play as a forward. We dont need him as a ruckman while Grundy and Cox are in the 22 especially as Moore if fit is ready to chip in if needed.

I dont think he will be best 22. But a great depth pickup.

I’m going to just repeat a small point.

Roughead was only recruited as a back up depth player.

He is not a best 22 recruit.

He is a depth player to position and coverage - that is all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This.

Although we did say the same thing about Lynden Dunn!!! (probably Leigh Brown too)

I disagree a bit. Yes he might be Brought in 1st for Depth but does not mean he could become a Best 22 Player.

I remember people saying Dunn was Brought in as Back-Up/Cover

This.

Although we did say the same thing about Lynden Dunn!!! (probably Leigh Brown too)
Might have.

Does not change the fact Roughead is depth only.

If he is going to be Dunn level then more power to him. Better for us.
Win win

He better be training as a key defender this preseason... If I hear news of Bucks trying him in the rucks to give Grundy more time up forward im gonna flip out
Is Lynch ready to be Grundys understudy? My assumption is that Roughhead has been recruited to play ruck/forward as depth for cox and Grundy.

Interesting that posters can bag Sam Rowe but those same posters can’t handle any form of criticism of Collingwood players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are only required to be considerate of the mental health of our own players. Should Sam Rowe happen to stumble onto this thread, his reaction to be being called a dud is not of our concern. We are only meant to be supportive of our own, even the duds. Had Sam Rowe worn black and White, anyone calling him a dud would have been cyber drawn and quartered.

Last edited:
Is Lynch ready to be Grundys understudy? My assumption is that Roughhead has been recruited to play ruck/forward as depth for cox and Grundy.

Still think Lynch is a Fair way from being AFL Ready but Might play some Pre-Season Games and see how he Goes.

Roughead might play Cox's old Postrion and Cox stays as Permanent;y Forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back