Babylove

Premiership Player
May 3, 2003
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Replacement player for Madi Browne (formally Robinson) who did her ACL pre-season.

Collingwood Magpies Netball has today welcomed New Zealander Kimiora Poi to the Pies’ midcourt.
The Silver Fern will replace the injured Madi Browne for the remainder of the 2019 Suncorp Super Netball season. Browne suffered a season-ending knee injury on the eve of the campaign.
The 21-year-old, who plays both midcourt attacking positions, capped a sensational 2018 debut season at senior level with the New Zealand Tactix.

Poi was named in the Silver Ferns development squad and was a member of the NZ world title-winning Fast5 Ferns before making the step up to full Silver Ferns honours. The New Zealander earned her first Test cap for the Silver Ferns against England in January.

A year earlier, Poi was recognised with inclusion in the New Zealand U21 team which won the Netball World Youth Cup.

Collingwood’s GM of Women’s Sport, Jane Woodlands-Thompson, said she is pleased to have found the right fit for Collingwood’s midcourt and is looking forward to welcoming Poi to the team.

“Kimiora has the speed and tenacity that aligns well with our current midcourt group,” Woodlands-Thompson said.
“We’re very excited to have Kimiora at Collingwood and look forward to seeing what she can add to the game.”
Poi thanked Netball New Zealand for making her move to Collingwood possible.

“I’m so grateful to the Tactix and Netball New Zealand for allowing me to take part in the Suncorp Super Netball Season and represent the Collingwood Magpies,” Poi said.

“Australian netball is a whole different playing style and I believe the man-on-man physicality will really improve my game.

“I’m looking forward in getting to know the girls and being a part of an exciting future here at Collingwood.”

Poi will commence training at the Holden Centre on Wednesday, May 29.
https://magpiesnetball.com.au/news/collingwood-magpies-latest-netball-club-news/silver-fern-joins-collingwoods-midcourt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back