Player Watch Liam McMahon (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m a massive Ben King fan and this kid reminds me so much of a very young Ben King. No pressure but think we might finally have a key forward. Unfortunately it’s going to be a few years before we see him.

Looking forward to seeing how he goes in the VFL next year, if he can put on some weight who knows.
I meant Max King, I actually think the GC one will be the better of the two

The King twins average 7 possessions a game each. Comparing a kid to them seems fine to me.
If McMahon averages more than 0 possessions in the AFL (ie. gets a game) in his first two years in the system I’ll consider it a bonus.

If McMahon averages more than 0 possessions in the AFL (ie. gets a game) in his first two years in the system I’ll consider it a bonus.
Agree. I'm more just suggesting that the King twins aren't guns yet. They're a couple of kids with exciting attributes who are performing to a Mason cox level. I rate their potential, but considering the last decade has seen pretty much every high draft pick KPF fall by the wayside, I wouldn't be inking them in yet.

If the wafl season was cancelled then Logan McDonald would be rated around pick 30.
He was rated as late first round at the start of the year, within the top 20, so I’m not sure how he’d have drifted out to 30 without playing.

He was rated as late first round at the start of the year, within the top 20, so I’m not sure how he’d have drifted out to 30 without playing.

Just Shows how Important the 18th year can be for a Draft Prospect

Yeah the club had him listed at 3.06 which is slow but draft profiles have him down for 2.92 so quick for height.
2.92 is ridiculously quick for a big guy, if true. Ben King recorded 2.96 for the record... and he won the 2019 GF sprint

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2.92 is ridiculously quick for a big guy, if true. Ben King recorded 2.96 for the record... and he won the 2019 GF sprint

Nathan Brown ran 2.92. Ben Reid 2.93.

Agree. I'm more just suggesting that the King twins aren't guns yet. They're a couple of kids with exciting attributes who are performing to a Mason cox level. I rate their potential, but considering the last decade has seen pretty much every high draft pick KPF fall by the wayside, I wouldn't be inking them in yet.
Imagine if either of them played for us. You'd be absolutely fawning.

Did you watch Max Kings final series out of interest? Probably BoG to halftime in his first final.
I didn't. But ditto for Mason Cox.

He's a talented kid. Just think it's way too early to be talking about him or his brother as stars. They're not yet.

Last edited:
I didn't. But ditto for Mason Cox.

He's a talented kid. Just think it's way too early to be talking about him or his brother as stars. They're not yet.

Well the Kings are about 10 years younger than Cox so it's not a great comparison.

Well the Kings are about 10 years younger than Cox so it's not a great comparison.

But likely played AFL footy for similar numbers of years so maybe it is.

Potential wise there is an ocean between them. But there isn't much in terms of current performance.

I'd love to have one of the Kings on the list, but they wouldn't make much of a difference yet and no young kpfs are certainties. The closest we've had to a certainty in recent years is Hogan, as he produced in year 1, but even he wasn't a certainty as it turned out.

Only on the Collingwood board could Mason Cox be spoken of in the same breath as the best KPF talents to enter the system in a decade... Heaven help McMahon if he shows anything! No pressure kid :drunk:

Only on the Collingwood board could Mason Cox be spoken of in the same breath as the best KPF talents to enter the system in a decade... Heaven help McMahon if he shows anything! No pressure kid :drunk:
They are obviously more talented than Cox, but they don't perform better than him yet. Are they more talented than Daniher and Hogan?

Funny
Both king's have played more footy than coxy

Your aware that we have
Cox
Checkers
Cameron
Lynch
Kelly
Tohill
Keane
McMahon
Murphy and Wilson both with huge reach and length