Player Watch Lynden Dunn (Retired 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

The early mid 80s for a start. The early - mid 90's....a year or three in the mid 2000;'s...
The wooden spoon in 1976...1999....
Not to mention the complete premiership drought between 1958 and 1990 and 2010.
Period = more than one year. I assume that word was in use back in the dark ages. So how about you try and find a five year period? Sure we have had a premiership drought but the point was we were at times relevant in there. Try to use the same goal posts, old fella.

Are you joking? This is the pies board. If Collingwood supporters are known for anything it is an intolerance for lack of success and, even more importantly, lack of relevance. We are heading for our fifth year as a club where we will be perceived as largely irrelevant. That matches it with any period I can recall in our history. If anybody mislead you to believe Collingwood supporters had an unflappable attitude or some degree of tolerance then I hope that misconception is now dispelled.
Yep I realised that. A GenY entitlement feeling that spans generations

Gave Cloke a bath nearly every time we played them... so at least Cloke won't embarrass us when we play the Bulldogs... whether it be VFL or AFL.

It's a good choice getting him as depth given the lack there of at the moment. Unfortunately he's not going to make our team better and I feel like we really need to draft a KPD in the draft otherwise we are truely F'd in years to come.

Always rated Dunn and N.Brown was a nothing player this year so I'm very happy with this. Brown is still youngish but clearly past it. I will NOT miss his infamous sky high kicks.

Last edited:
“Lynden is a really experienced key defender, and been at a good club for a long period of time, so we just were mindful with Nathan going out and Jack going out, he’s proven that he can play tall and small so we’re really pleased with Lynden,” Hine said.

lol wtf???

Well he has been except last season

Period = more than one year. I assume that word was in use back in the dark ages. So how about you try and find a five year period? Sure we have had a premiership drought but the point was we were at times relevant in there. Try to use the same goal posts, old fella.

From 1995 to 2001 we just racked up finals success. A glorious era.

“Lynden is a really experienced key defender, and been at a good club for a long period of time, so we just were mindful with Nathan going out and Jack going out, he’s proven that he can play tall and small so we’re really pleased with Lynden,” Hine said.

lol wtf???
I almost spat out my drink when he said that!

lol wtf???
Hine must be looking for a job at Melbourne after next year with his mate Taylor.

Pretty pleased with this pick up given our outs. Think he will be serviceable and improve the quality of disposal out of the back half. Will be clearly better than Frost and on par (hopefully better) that Brown. For the price, hopefully a smart bargain bin acquisition while we find a long term replacement.

Welcome aboard Lynden.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree that he is a stop gap, until we fill that need with the draft, however a direct replacement for brown he isn't, he suits new style of play which is speedy transition back to fwd. Something Nathan Brown never did well. If brown did anything with the ball other than handball to a mate, there was as much anxiety with that as there was Cloke lining up 30 out in front. Dunn moves the ball fwd with good metres something browns looping sideways kicks did not!

Are you joking? This is the pies board. If Collingwood supporters are known for anything it is an intolerance for lack of success and, even more importantly, lack of relevance. We are heading for our fifth year as a club where we will be perceived as largely irrelevant. That matches it with any period I can recall in our history. If anybody mislead you to believe Collingwood supporters had an unflappable attitude or some degree of tolerance then I hope that misconception is now dispelled.

I'm confused... last I checked, the pies missed finals the last 3 years and not 5. In my opinion, making finals is relevant. What is your definition of Collingwood being relevant?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

lol wtf???
I'm going to echo that. The *?

I'm confused... last I checked, the pies missed finals the last 3 years and not 5. In my opinion, making finals is relevant. What is your definition of Collingwood being relevant?
On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I have already eaten humble pie on this post. I eat it again. Fair enough. I could argue we never were ever going to be near over the last four, that was obvious. To me relevance is a chance at the big one. I won't dig the hole any further. It was a bad post, reactive, so feel free to swing away.

Im really looking forward to Dunn proving a lot of people wrong next year.
If he was a dud, would melbourne fans be singing his praises ?

If he wasn't a dud, would Melbourne play him in the VFL the whole year and would Melbourne supporters be so happy he was leaving to get more opportunity?

It's like when Jackson Paine or Seedsmen leave and a bunch of their fans go to opposition boards and talk them up

Im really looking forward to Dunn proving a lot of people wrong next year.
If he was a dud, would melbourne fans be singing his praises ?
Another one here. Lynden has always been one of my favourite players, has a crack, is strong, can kick the s**t out of the thing. FWIW I was unhappy he wasn't being picked this year; but as others have said it wasn't a form thing, just a different direction given the stage our club is at with list management

I have already eaten humble pie on this post. I eat it again. Fair enough. I could argue we never were ever going to be near over the last four, that was obvious. To me relevance is a chance at the big one. I won't dig the hole any further. It was a bad post, reactive, so feel free to swing away.
Apart from the error in the years, there is a lot of merit in that post though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back