Player Watch Mark Keane (Retired 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

His nickname is Mustard

Nah just made that up.....
Commander_Keen_cover_art.jpeg

For me it was Elite - as an adult - with my son, spent SERIOUSLY loooong hours on that game

I liked Wolfenstein or Doom too and Dad was cool and let us play Leisure Suit Larry too. We didn't get most of the jokes. Dad, what's a prophylactic?? He worked a tech job so came home with a box of the latest games on 3.5 floppies. Those were the days!

I liked Wolfenstein or Doom too and Dad was cool and let us play Leisure Suit Larry too. We didn't get most of the jokes. Dad, what's a prophylactic?? He worked a tech job so came home with a box of the latest games on 3.5 floppies. Those were the days!
Yep I can remember the later 'Might and Magic' games coming on 4 X 3.5's and the final floppy version of Windows coming on about 9 floppies lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Him being named as an emergency is fantastic recognition of his development this year.
Big strong lad with a bit of go and he only turned 19 in March.
Could be a smoky - Madgen better be on his game!

From seeing Keane in his first couple of VFL games this year - to this. Fantastic effort! Surely the quickest promotion (if named as an emergency in the firsts can be considered a promotion) of any of our recent category B rookies?

I think Keane has shown great signs almost from his 1st weeks at training was it not he that had a dust up with Tuohil within a few weeks of getting here and people were saying does not a backward step and is quite athletic and has good size.

He has been very good in the VFL for the last 6 wks or so,definitely has the prerequisite,s for the job he is only 19 and he is as good a prospect as any we have as a KPD,controlled aggression is what you want see and is a must for our game,great stuff.

Nice he’s an emergency shows how Keane we are for Keane.

Finals debutant perhaps? Only kidding but we have a rich history with Len Thompson and Rene Kink both playing their first game in a final. I’m sure there are others but can’t find any info.
Bill Stranger (1897)
Keith Batchelor (1952 Grand Final)
Len Thompson (1965)
Graeme Dunstan (1972)
Noel Lovell (1981)

5 Collingwood players have made their debut in a final (32 from all clubs).

Rene Kink didn't debut in a final.

Bill Stranger (1897)
Keith Batchelor (1952 Grand Final)
Len Thompson (1965)
Graeme Dunstan (1972)
Noel Lovell (1981)

5 Collingwood players have made their debut in a final (32 from all clubs).

Rene Kink didn't debut in a final.
Re René Kink correct.

His 4th game was a final.

Only for those with ancient memories he wore 45 in that season (1973) before moving to his famous 36 the next season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back