Bumped Welcome to Collingwood Michael Manteit (see latest post #196)

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy to see Manteit get re-rookied. Started slowly but showed improvement through the season.

This ^^

Exactly what the rookie list is for. Not a lot of benefit chopping him after one season. I know it can happen but I'm pretty sure most rookies get a 2 year deal to start don't they? Would have to pay that out still otherwise.

As others have said; Frost (upgrade), Gault & Armstrong (delisted). Add Keeffe and Thomas. We should still have 1 spot open (to take a Hine gem) and still retain both Abbott and Manteit.

I actually hope someone else wants Keeffe and/or Thomas so we aren't wasting a rookie spot on them. They were borderline AFL players before the bans, how will they be after 2 years off? How did Ahmed Saad go this year? Not well.

Didn't we have 1 extra rookie spot this year because we only had 38 players on the senior list or something?

We had 39 on the senior list and elevated Frost. That left 4x rookies (Abbott, Armstrong, Manteit, and Gault) and 1x CatB rookie (Cox) bringing the total to 45.

PS: I'd like to think the club is looking far and wide to fill the other 2x CatB rookie spots. Don't get too many free hits out of drafting.

Last edited:
I actually hope someone else wants Keeffe and/or Thomas so we aren't wasting a rookie spot on them. They were borderline AFL players before the bans, how will they be after 2 years off? How did Ahmed Saad go this year? Not well.

I'm a fan of both Keeffe and Thomas but it would be a convenient out if someone else snuck in and grabbed them before we could. Keeffe probably the more likely of the 2. I'm not even sure if it's this year of next years draft that they'll be considered.

I'm a fan of both Keeffe and Thomas but it would be a convenient out if someone else snuck in and grabbed them before we could. Keeffe probably the more likely of the 2. I'm not even sure if it's this year of next years draft that they'll be considered.

Hopefully next year's draft - will allow us to get another look at players like Mantiet and Abbott and still bring in a couple of others.

We had 39 on the senior list and elevated Frost. That left 4x rookies (Abbott, Armstrong, Manteit, and Gault) and 1x CatB rookie (Cox) bringing the total to 45.

PS: I'd like to think the club is looking far and wide to fill the other 2x CatB rookie spots. Don't get too many free hits out of drafting.

So if we go back to 40 players on the senior list and rookie Keeffe/Thomas plus keeping Abbott and Manteit that in theory will leave us with no Cat A rookie spots open this year?

So if we go back to 40 players on the senior list and rookie Keeffe/Thomas plus keeping Abbott and Manteit that in theory will leave us with no Cat A rookie spots open this year?

Still be 1 spot with Frost (elevated), Gault (delisted) and Armstrong (delisted) off the rookie list replaced by only Keeffe and Thomas. Assumes Gault and Armstrong are delisted of course.

I'm pretty sure perty said they'd be rookied this draft. Thomas and Keefe that is

If another club doesnt take them first....probabaly a Qld team if any. Doubtful it will be the Suns as they are currently purging their druggies, but the Lions might have a look at one or both. We dont have an automatic right to rookie list them. Deep down I think the club is indifferent, we have promised them only that they will be rookie listed....we didnt say it would be with Collingwood!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back