Player Watch Nathan Murphy (Retired 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

Well was posted on the Stephenson Thread someone said they Beeffed up at 22 so could the same happen to Aish. Never going to be Big and more his Strength be in his Core

Steelo hasn't ever beefed up and he's been a passable footballer at AFL level.

The game has shifted more in favour of lean builds now as well, which to be honest is at least in part why Aish hasn't already been cut (if size and contested ball grunt were still a mandatory thing then he'd be gone already).

The game has shifted more in favour of lean builds now as well, which to be honest is at least in part why Aish hasn't already been cut (if size and contested ball grunt were still a mandatory thing then he'd be gone already).

and We have Plenty of the Grunt Players but lack Class

I think I’ve lost weight but it’s hard to know as my gut blocks my view of the scales.
You need those old fashion scales that read at head height, and can alter before hand.

Over on the Stephenson thread, a poster who knows him tells us that he's put on 4 kgs since being drafted. Clearly a lot of early effort is going into adding some bulk (although not too much!) to the skinny new kids. I assume the same is happening with Murphy. Will watch with interest when training resumes.

Take the scales to the next training session VP and let us know the results :thumbsu:

I'm not sure the game has moved in favour of lean builds. Case in point the Adelaide midfield. It seems size and strength in the contest, with a focus on guys at 190cm and built like a brick shithouse, is the current trend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't he just look like a footballer from 100 years ago?
Has that look in photos like this?

IMG_1899.JPG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back