Player Watch Welcome to Collingwood Nick Daicos

Remove this Banner Ad

Jen2310

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don’t see why Nick Daicos should be given the 35 jumper permanently.

Sure, he looks very exciting but has proven nothing yet at AFL level. Who can say with certainty that he’ll even be the better of the two Daicos brothers now on our list?

And also, who would want the pressure of wearing your superstar father’s jumper? That’s a hell of a lot of expectation for a teenager to live up to. The pressure could crush him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Maybe because he wants it?

Cousin of Daicos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man. U, Chicago Bulls, Ολυμπιακός
On Sen asked about 35.

Honoured by tradition, haven’t thought about after next year. When pressed - happy to follow club’s wishes, but “if opportunity presents would like to keep it”
Which it will present

They offered to Josh who never even wore it to begin with. Nick will be spending a full year with 35 regardless. If they offered it to Josh, they'll offer it to Nick.

MyManLynch

Premium Platinum
Oct 4, 2012
Singapore
AFL Club
Collingwood
Which it will present

They offered to Josh who never even wore it to begin with. Nick will be spending a full year with 35 regardless. If they offered it to Josh, they'll offer it to Nick.
They can introduce some other way to acknowledge the Presti sacrifice of 2010.
A special award/trophy to whomever (player/coach/staff/Member) who makes an incredible sacrifice for the Club that year.
Doesn’t have to be awarded every year…just when an extraordinary sacrifice is made…
The Simon Prestigiacomo Award.

Last edited:

Jen2310

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 21, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I always thought it would be good for him to start on the HBF. Will develop his defensive side nicely IMO.
Its where he played in the vfl practice game, and excelled. His use of the ball down there just suited him.

Interesting in his interview he said that fly told him there was a spot down there so its his if he earns it.

So whose spot is it? Is this to release maynard?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TradeDraft

Premium Platinum
Oct 18, 2009
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
Collingwood
Its where he played in the vfl practice game, and excelled. His use of the ball down there just suited him.

Interesting in his interview he said that fly told him there was a spot down there so its his if he earns it.

So whose spot is it? Is this to release maynard?
You said Pendles also looking playing Down Back.

2 Gun Kicks down there.

IQ or Maynard to Midfield?

gouki88

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Liverpool
You said Pendles also looking playing Down Back.

2 Gun Kicks down there.

IQ or Maynard to Midfield?
I feel like we'd be missing too much actual 1v1 defending if both Pendles and Nick Daicos were playing in the backline. Especially if Maynard moved upfield

barrackers

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 4, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Which it will present

Bit of nostalgia, and understand different reasons for not taking it, but I like father sons wearing the same number. Would also be good to see 35 on the field more frequently.

gouki88

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 3, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Liverpool
Bit of nostalgia, and understand different reasons for not taking it, but I like father sons wearing the same number. Would also be good to see 35 on the field more frequently.
I agree for the most part. Having it bounce around feels a bit tacky at this stage with Ed gone (the main proponent of the "tradition")

swoop42

Premiership Player
Sep 29, 2014
The 22
AFL Club
Collingwood
The Collingwood number 35 jumper should never have been subjected to the whims of McGuire during the afterglow of our Premiership win.

No disrespect to Simon Prestigiacomo but it was a silly decision with a jumper number plenty of us associate first and foremost with our favourite Collingwood player of all time in Peter Daicos.

If his son Nick wants it next year and beyond then let him and when his time at Collingwood comes to an end allow another player the opportunity to make a name for themselves in the famous number 35.

Cousin of Daicos

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man. U, Chicago Bulls, Ολυμπιακός
They can introduce some other way to acknowledge the Presti sacrifice of 2010.
A special award/trophy to whomever (player/coach/staff/Member) who makes an incredible sacrifice for the Club that year.
Doesn’t have to be awarded every year…just when an extraordinary sacrifice is made…
The Simon Prestigiacomo Award.
Brilliant idea and what they should have done to begin with

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad