Player Watch Nick Daicos

I don’t see why Nick Daicos should be given the 35 jumper permanently.

Sure, he looks very exciting but has proven nothing yet at AFL level. Who can say with certainty that he’ll even be the better of the two Daicos brothers now on our list?

And also, who would want the pressure of wearing your superstar father’s jumper? That’s a hell of a lot of expectation for a teenager to live up to. The pressure could crush him.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Maybe because he wants it?

On Sen asked about 35.

Honoured by tradition, haven’t thought about after next year. When pressed - happy to follow club’s wishes, but “if opportunity presents would like to keep it”

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man. U, Chicago Bulls, Ολυμπιακός
On Sen asked about 35.

Honoured by tradition, haven’t thought about after next year. When pressed - happy to follow club’s wishes, but “if opportunity presents would like to keep it”

Which it will present

They offered to Josh who never even wore it to begin with. Nick will be spending a full year with 35 regardless. If they offered it to Josh, they'll offer it to Nick.

Which it will present

They offered to Josh who never even wore it to begin with. Nick will be spending a full year with 35 regardless. If they offered it to Josh, they'll offer it to Nick.
They can introduce some other way to acknowledge the Presti sacrifice of 2010.
A special award/trophy to whomever (player/coach/staff/Member) who makes an incredible sacrifice for the Club that year.
Doesn’t have to be awarded every year…just when an extraordinary sacrifice is made…
The Simon Prestigiacomo Award.

Last edited:

bunter

Club Legend
Apr 20, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
i'm interested to see what effect the arrival of Nick has on Josh's game.
having experienced it, a bit of brotherly competition can bring out something a little extra, especially with the older sibling.

I always thought it would be good for him to start on the HBF. Will develop his defensive side nicely IMO.

I was thinking anywhere between the HFF to HBF as also go on the Wing

I always thought it would be good for him to start on the HBF. Will develop his defensive side nicely IMO.
Its where he played in the vfl practice game, and excelled. His use of the ball down there just suited him.

Interesting in his interview he said that fly told him there was a spot down there so its his if he earns it.

So whose spot is it? Is this to release maynard?

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
Its where he played in the vfl practice game, and excelled. His use of the ball down there just suited him.

Interesting in his interview he said that fly told him there was a spot down there so its his if he earns it.

That would be a good outcome.

You said Pendles also looking playing Down Back.

2 Gun Kicks down there.

IQ or Maynard to Midfield?

You said Pendles also looking playing Down Back.

2 Gun Kicks down there.

IQ or Maynard to Midfield?
Pendles could have just been playing down back at training because of the lack of numbers with not everyone training yet. We'll know more in the next week or so

Which it will present

Bit of nostalgia, and understand different reasons for not taking it, but I like father sons wearing the same number. Would also be good to see 35 on the field more frequently.

Aug 3, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Liverpool
Bit of nostalgia, and understand different reasons for not taking it, but I like father sons wearing the same number. Would also be good to see 35 on the field more frequently.
I agree for the most part. Having it bounce around feels a bit tacky at this stage with Ed gone (the main proponent of the "tradition")

Keep number 1 open for him…2023 season

If Nick Daicos doesn’t win the rising star by the largest margin in history (*) then there will be some disappoint

#managingexpectations

* IIRC The current record is held by one Jayden Stephenson?

swoop42

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
The 18
AFL Club
Collingwood
The Collingwood number 35 jumper should never have been subjected to the whims of McGuire during the afterglow of our Premiership win.

No disrespect to Simon Prestigiacomo but it was a silly decision with a jumper number plenty of us associate first and foremost with our favourite Collingwood player of all time in Peter Daicos.

If his son Nick wants it next year and beyond then let him and when his time at Collingwood comes to an end allow another player the opportunity to make a name for themselves in the famous number 35.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Man. U, Chicago Bulls, Ολυμπιακός
They can introduce some other way to acknowledge the Presti sacrifice of 2010.
A special award/trophy to whomever (player/coach/staff/Member) who makes an incredible sacrifice for the Club that year.
Doesn’t have to be awarded every year…just when an extraordinary sacrifice is made…
The Simon Prestigiacomo Award.

Brilliant idea and what they should have done to begin with

Back