Welcome to Collingwood: Our new Barkly Brothers and Sisters

Remove this Banner Ad

We simply have to rookie him.
I'm looking for the omen; Cyril = Junior Boy and Isiah = 'Lil Jay.

He has to go Un-Drafted in the National and Rookie Draft before we can Sign him as a Cat-B rookie

He is a Type of Player we Need
I wouldn't chuck that label on him just yet, He's only going to be a rookie. Young indigenous kids from up there are pretty shy when coming to the big cities. It'll be good to see if he develops.

I wouldn't chuck that label on him just yet, He's only going to be a rookie. Young indigenous kids from up there are pretty shy when coming to the big cities. It'll be good to see if he develops.

Crumbing Small Forward is a Need.

He might never ever make it but at least we would have a Crumber on the List

Things seem to have gone quiet on Liam Holt-Fitz?

IIRC he was originally the most exciting prospect from the region?
He's not draft eligible yet and won't be for a couple of years. Do we really need a 2 year hype train going?

He's not draft eligible yet and won't be for a couple of years. Do we really need a 2 year hype train going?

Wouls just like to know IF be part of the Academy or Not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know its not the Barkly academy but he would be a Cat B rookie - Has anyone been watching the recruit.. Daniel Cox looks electric if you could get his head right.. Usually not a big fan of the show but what I have seen has impressed me..

No it's just another way of blatantly favouring the northern clubs. Too much money in TV rights to not have them successful.

AFL Don't want the Northern States Clubs to Die. Espically at the Moment the 2 QLD Sides are Total Failures

No it's just another way of blatantly favouring the northern clubs. Too much money in TV rights to not have them successful.
Before we get too riled up here, from the sounds of it this is a lead in to the academy system to give indigenous players a better chance of being drafted before the academies are properly established, not what will actually happen on a permanent basis.

As far as I can tell, the academy player selection process will be identical to the northern academies once the academies are fully established and players are signed up.

Before we get too riled up here, from the sounds of it this is a lead in to the academy system to give indigenous players a better chance of being drafted before the academies are properly established, not what will actually happen on a permanent basis.

As far as I can tell, the academy player selection process will be identical to the northern academies once the academies are fully established and players are signed up.

I would much rather the AFL ran all academies themselves & every player was draft eligible for all clubs.
You know like a fair & even for all draft & salary cap? ;)
Doesn't look like it will ever happen in my lifetime though. The AFL had the chance to do so after all the GWS concessions were finished but they lacked the guts to make it happen.

I would much rather the AFL ran all academies themselves & every player was draft eligible for all clubs.
You know like a fair & even for all draft & salary cap? ;)
Doesn't look like it will ever happen in my lifetime though. The AFL had the chance to do so after all the GWS concessions were finished but they lacked the guts to make it happen.
I completely agree, but that's a different conversation altogether.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back