Review Welcome to Collingwood picks 59 & 60

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolutely bullcrap. wasted spots. Should have taken the elite crumbing pressure forward in Jeff Garlett.
giphy.gif

As I've said in the trade thread I like this move. An extra 45 points for bidding as well as bringing that 5th selection (60) into the points zone is a good tactic.

Not a huge benefit for the Cats though; I wonder how we sold it to them?

Maybe they like Neade as a small pressure forward to replace Lincoln McCarthy and we will now walk away from that or maybe they like McLarty who we will now delist.

We should just draft Winx.
Be a real out of the box but we know she keep delivering each season.

And she has a basketball background, surely.

We should just draft Winx.
Be a real out of the box but we know she keep delivering each season.

And she has a basketball background, surely.

Mate we don't have the salary cap for her.

As I've said in the trade thread I like this move. An extra 45 points for bidding as well as bringing that 5th selection (60) into the points zone is a good tactic.

Maybe they like Neade as a small pressure forward to replace Lincoln McCarthy and we will now walk away from that or maybe they like McLarty who we will now delist.
They don't need that many points.. they've got one F/S thats it.

It’s a win/win IMO.

It will prevent our second round pick in 2019 slipping too far. Hopefully not at all.

It’s a win/win IMO.

It will prevent our second round pick in 2019 slipping too far. Hopefully not at all.

When we win the flag next year our second rounder is going to slip back to about pick 40 after free agency stuff. I wouldn't be too fussed if we went so far into deficit that we lost it completely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I haven’t kept track of their ins and outs ...

... but maybe they had no intention of using 60 - which means they’ve effectively upgraded from 59 to 51?

I haven’t kept track of their ins and outs ...

... but maybe they had no intention of using 60 - which means they’ve effectively upgraded from 59 to 51?

Possibly but they only have selections 12 and 50 prior to 59 and 60. Now they only have 12,50 and 51 (before late picks 70,87). With clubs only having to make 3 senior list changes it's possible they stop at 51 but reckon they might be still in it post that having cut or traded about 8-10 players and only bringing 3 in (Rohan, Dahlhaus and Krueger).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back