Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Kids got a lot of talent.
Played junior representative footy with him when he was back at ganmain. Was one of the smallest kids out there but always ripped in.

Is Richards our pick 6 in the draft? He won't be round for our next pick by all the forecasts.

Is that too early? Or are we really focusing on the KP with Naughton, Allen, Clavarino, McLean, Balts, Hayes, Fogarty etc.

Say is Murray the first Murray from the Murray to make it to the AFL? Recruited from the Wodonga Raiders.
Been told his dad played at South Melbourne not sure how many games haven't heard a bad word about Sam everyone gives him big wraps on and off field

Man, no one has played 50 games in the #9 since the early 80s. This is an underrated cursed number.

Though if the last two years are anything to go by, it's drought breaking time.

Don't worry we've got pick 6 in the draft and I've heard it's been a really lucky pick historically

Man, no one has played 50 games in the #9 since the early 80s. This is an underrated cursed number.

Though if the last two years are anything to go by, it's drought breaking time.

Traditionally a key forwards number , Craig Stewart jack Anthony Brian Taylor and Jesse white Phil carman........plus Glenn freeborn . Four of those players were traded in from other clubs though like Sam Murray was....maybe there’s the link...

Time for nine to shine.

Traditionally a key forwards number , Craig Stewart jack Anthony Brian Taylor and Jesse white Phil carman........Three of those players were traded in from other clubs though like Sam Murray was....

Time for nine to shine.

Most of those 9's were cursed too

Craig Stewart dropped for the Grand Final after averaging a goal a game all year, replaced by Derek Shaw who doesn't register a single possession... we lose by 5 points

Brian Taylor saves us in the WC drawn Grand Final with 2 late goals... dropped for the drought breaking premiership

Phil Carman whacks Tuck in the 2nd semi and only misses 2 games all year... both Grand Finals... we lose the replay

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only reason i can think that Hine and co paid so far over market value for Murray is that they rate his so highly and see his development trajectory as so steep that they think that by the end of next year he would be worth a 2nd rounder or even more.
Is that a fair assessment?
Just interested in how clubs manage their lists and this one is curious.

There is no reason. Simple as that

Are you quite sure about this? I've not seen or heard that anywhere. The AFL Record Season (Guide) 2017 book doesn't have Sam Murray in the Family Links: Current Players section.

If you know this to be a fact it would be ideal if you were to alert the AFL as they don't seem to be aware of it:- http://www.afl.com.au/afl-hq/afl-season-guide-updates

Mark Fine said last Thursday night on his show that Sam Murray was the Grandson of premiership saint Bob Murray

Bob Murray was one of the best fullbacks of all time. He had SOS covered quite easily.
SOS getting FB of the century was an absolute joke.

Paul the Octopus had more of a claim.

Bob Murray was one of the best fullbacks of all time. He had SOS covered quite easily.
Numerous full backs had sos covered.

Greatest joke ever, sos made afl team of the cent.

Numerous full backs had sos covered.

Greatest joke ever, sos made afl team of the cent.
I wouldn't say that. He was given the accolade too early though. He was a great great full back playing in the era of perhaps the greatest group of full forwards ever. He had plenty of success over all of Lockett, Dunstall, Ablett and Modra. He could also go forward and kick a bag himself. Could have easily played as a KPF with great success which would be true of very few other full backs.

Haha yeah I was going to mention that. In saying that though I think Keeffe’s name is still on his locker.

Have you seen much of Will Kelly? Is he a fwd or back?

Being 193cm already he is likely going to hit the magic 195cm by his draft time. Wonder how much that plays in our decision this years draft knowing we have a potential KPP as FS coming next year?

I hope we take the risk on Fogarty.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back