Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Straight into the ruck.

Bugger that who gives a s**t about the ruck!

I say we tether him to a goal post and have him sit in the goal square so we can play a game of kick and catch all day long - he'll make Pratt and Hudson look like bush league hacks!!!

I say we tether him to a goal post and have him sit in the goal square so we can play a game of kick and catch all day long - he'll make Pratt and Hudson look like bush league hacks!!!
This makes more sense.

I likes, I likes a lot

I'm picturing him being strangled by his tether when the ball lands 25 metres out and he thinks he can get there.

Collingwood had no one assessing opposition talent or state league talent other than just ad-hoc, so the most correct answer would be that Hine hasn't had the resources at his disposal to be able to perform the job as well as he otherwise would have been able to perform it. So I'd be less inclined to target any blame at Hine as I would at the club for not providing the recruiting department with sufficient resources to do their job to the standard we as fans expect.
On that I'd argue the club has self admitted that and are looking to change that, what's your view on that KM?

On that I'd argue the club has self admitted that and are looking to change that, what's your view on that KM?

Collingwood did do the review and it was noted that the recruiting team needed expanding.

They've added Ned Guy as list manager moving Derek Hine into the talent ID space which is a good move and a step in the right direction. I don't know whether further staff will be added, but hopefully they do continue to expand the recruiting team to ensure the club can get the best talent in from all place - u18s, state leagues and opposition talent ID, all of which are essential.

Opposition talent ID and state league recruiting have not been adequately covered and has long been an issue. So that will need to be a priority for the club to improve, and from what the club have stated, they've moving towards improving in those areas.

As an odd stat, the last team to win a premiership without at least two mature age choices is Collingwood in 2010. Each club since has had two or more with Hawthorn interesting in their three-peat having the most.

While this millennium every premiership side has had at least one player who previously played on another club list (and I haven't taken the time to go further back to when the last team to win without someone from another last happened).

The major points here though if you look through the names, even the mature age guys, they're not scrubs and it only illustrates the point as to the importance of looking beyond simply the u18s. It's how Richmond, Hawthorn and Sydney have largely built their premiership sides - with none of the three clubs, and Sydney and Richmond exceedingly poor when it comes to junior talent ID.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have they? I don't think Smith Ramsay and Sinclair have contracts yet unless they just haven't been announced
I think the post you quoted was meant to be sarcasm! Next Tuesday is the day for 1st List Lodgement.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-09-04/afl-news-list-week-one-2017-toyota-afl-finals-series

Tuesday 31 October 2pm - List Lodgement (1) ; Rookie Promotion to Primary List; Retained 2nd & 3rd Year Rookies; International Scholarship Player; Alternate Talent Player Nominations; Club Notification of Rookie Players Not Accepting a Contract of Offer; Nomination of Draft Eligible Father/Son; Northern Academy, Next Generation Academy Players Lodged; TPP Pre-Season Estimates (1).
Wednesday 1 November - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) Commences
Wednesday 8 November - AFL Delisted Player Free Agency Period (1) Closes, Out of Contract Listed AFL Primary List Players Draft Nomination Form and Player Request for Removal from List Form Lodged with AFL

Have they? I don't think Smith Ramsay and Sinclair have contracts yet unless they just haven't been announced
Lists to be finalised by 31/10 which is the date every contract ends.

As an odd stat, the last team to win a premiership without at least two mature age choices is Collingwood in 2010. Each club since has had two or more with Hawthorn interesting in their three-peat having the most.

While this millennium every premiership side has had at least one player who previously played on another club list (and I haven't taken the time to go further back to when the last team to win without someone from another last happened).

The major points here though if you look through the names, even the mature age guys, they're not scrubs and it only illustrates the point as to the importance of looking beyond simply the u18s. It's how Richmond, Hawthorn and Sydney have largely built their premiership sides - with none of the three clubs, and Sydney and Richmond exceedingly poor when it comes to junior talent ID.

Jolly/Ball not mature age?

As an odd stat, the last team to win a premiership without at least two mature age choices is Collingwood in 2010. Each club since has had two or more with Hawthorn interesting in their three-peat having the most..
What's a mature age choice? Brown, Jolly, Ball? That'd be 3 by my book., but may be misunderstanding your meaning.

What's a mature age choice? Brown, Jolly, Ball? That'd be 3 by my book., but may be misunderstanding your meaning.
Not to mention Leigh Brown...

I would suggest the likes of Podsiadly, Jetta, Smith, Dickson and Lambert. We’ve been slow adapters in this area, IMO.

Yes and that’s exactly why I asked the question in the first place.

For what it’s worth I think he’ll stay but I’m not going to use the locker as a guide.

Er it's not just the fact his name is still on the locker its that AND the fact it is rumoured he had triggers met for another year. So given that plus the fact there has not been one rumour of his delisting, and he is also listed as a FA after the 2018 season. It is reasonable to assume ...

Er it's not just the fact his name is still on the locker its that AND the fact it is rumoured he had triggers met for another year. So given that plus the fact there has not been one rumour of his delisting, and he is also listed as a FA after the 2018 season. It is reasonable to assume ...
Well, there has been one rumour from Kirby

Remove this Banner Ad

Back