Player Watch Sam Murray - (Delisted 2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Er it's not just the fact his name is still on the locker its that AND the fact it is rumoured he had triggers met for another year. So given that plus the fact there has not been one rumour of his delisting, and he is also listed as a FA after the 2018 season. It is reasonable to assume ...

Agree it seems he may be staying . But the locker number is not evidence one way or the other.

You quoted a photo of the locker and said it “pretty much confirms” he’s staying

Last edited:

Er it's not just the fact his name is still on the locker its that AND the fact it is rumoured he had triggers met for another year. So given that plus the fact there has not been one rumour of his delisting, and he is also listed as a FA after the 2018 season. It is reasonable to assume ...

And the fact that it has been reported by two credible journalists in Gleeson and Niall.

oh, true?
Blair is definitely contracted for next year. I'm told the club was working on a possible deal to delist him by agreement with him to convert to a 2 year contract in the VFL as captain.

I posted this a month ago but I've never heard anything further about it.

Ramsay Sinclair Smith are the last 3 without contracts and you would imagine the Sinclair medical report is pertinent to all 3 players

Well you can see why Murray was such a priority now, with Sinkers and Ramsay gone it only leaves Smith who isn't a line breaker for that position

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well you can see why Murray was such a priority now, with Sinkers and Ramsay gone it only leaves Smith who isn't a line breaker for that position

If they also have designs on Maynard spending more time in the middle it would mean Jack Crisp will have to continue on his 2017 defensive role back there too.

What are the chances of Coffield being ready to debut in Round 1? We might need him back there straight up if we take him at 6.

Or defender for that position, or anything useful for that position.

What are the chances of Coffield being ready to debut in Round 1? We might need him back there straight up if we take him at 6.
I think that's the plan but if he isn't best available (and we won't know that until the first 5 picks are in) it's a bad plan

Two quick, long kicking half-backs, one a lefty and the other a righty... interesting scenario but would prefer our half-backs to have more than zero games to their credit come round 1...

Last edited:
Two quick, long kicking half-backs, one a lefty and the other a righty... interesting scenario but would prefer our half-backs to have more than zero games to their credit cone round 1...
I didn't know the AFL were introducing another themed round next year.

Spotless will make a mint!

If they also have designs on Maynard spending more time in the middle it would mean Jack Crisp will have to continue on his 2017 defensive role back there too.

I reckon Crisp is a certainty to continue in a defensive role next year. He was excellent when moved back. In fact, I suspect him to spend the vast majority of the rest of his career in defence, with the odd stint in a midfield run with role.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back