Player Watch Trent Bianco (Delisted 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Also can't play with a Guy with a Stuffed ACL :rolleyes:

He'll be back sooner than later. Love to see him usurped but doubt it'll be by 1 of the new draftees when they've also got Appleby, Murphy, T Brown, IQ, Noble (just off the top of my head) types ahead of them. Pressure will be on whoever gets that early season opportunity because Greenwood won't die wondering, he'll be pushing hard to reclaim his spot and I'd assume by about mid-season. And who knows how the season will play out for the new additions.

Had a chat with a Marcellin mum this morning whose son is one of Trents good mates

Few fun facts

A few of them including Trent are mad Collingwood and have a Collingwood chat group. They had decided to eject Trent as of draft day. Needless to say he is back to No 1 in the group

This mums son rang her on the night of the draft in tears. She thought something terrible had happened. He was just overcome by his mate getting to Collingwood

She reckons Trent knows everything about Collingwood

His dogs name is Pendles

He recently got a pay rise at his dads restaurant based on the excellent on line reviews he was getting. What the old man doesn’t know is it was all his mates writing the reviews

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Easy to go Pass Greenwood. Could get a Game ahead of Appelby and maybe Browns
At some point the new over take the old.

players like Greenwood, Varcoe, Reid, Mayne, Dunn, Cox all need to be passed at some stage.

will happen, by the young being and getting ahead of the old.

even a player like Jeremy Howe will need to be careful as there’s lots of competition coming through.

thats the exciting times as we watch who gets ahead and who might fall back to the reserves.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
He reminds me of Caleb Daniel.

A Small & Classy ball user on both feet, who slid down the draft order due to not being “tall enough”.

I’ll be very very happy if he turned out as good as Daniel.
I think you’ll find he’s like 10cm or 11cm taller than Caleb Daniel.

as a rule I’m not keen on very short players unless they bring something extra to the table.

trent is about 5’9” or 5’10” or so, hence not really that small.
plus he brings excellence in ball use on both sides.

that and he already loves the club.

LarryKinn

Team Captain
Nov 3, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Los Angeles Lakers LA Chargers
At some point the new over take the old.

players like Greenwood, Varcoe, Reid, Mayne, Dunn, Cox all need to be passed at some stage.

will happen, by the young being and getting ahead of the old.

even a player like Jeremy Howe will need to be careful as there’s lots of competition coming through.

thats the exciting times as we watch who gets ahead and who might fall back to the reserves.
Cox is the only walk up starter of the group & if Cameron outplays him preseason then Mason might not get the extension whispered about

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cox is the only walk up starter of the group & if Cameron outplays him preseason then Mason might not get the extension whispered about
You might be right.

im more about the natural progression where one new player replaces another player.
it has to happen, hopefully we are better for it.

players like Murphy or Wilson even, to make us better. Or others.
i find the transition fascinatin.

LarryKinn

Team Captain
Nov 3, 2019
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Los Angeles Lakers LA Chargers
You might be right.

im more about the natural progression where one new player replaces another player.
it has to happen, hopefully we are better for it.

players like Murphy or Wilson even, to make us better. Or others.
i find the transition fascinatin.
I tend to think of the list like an NFL roster, who is the direct back up (& heir apparent) so for me - Sier > Wills
What's different for AFL is players need to be much more versatile - DeGoey as a midfielder/forward or Crisp being moved onto the ball
I think Collingwood subscribes to the like for like replacement when a player gets injured or loses form.

Fairly sure that he’s only got 2 games to trigger a 1 year extension in his current contract. As an aside, if the club are looking to extend him further currently they should be shot. He’s not a player we should be planning around, unless that plan is replacement.

No SPIN

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2009
Vic
AFL Club
Collingwood
He reminds me of Caleb Daniel.

A Small & Classy ball user on both feet, who slid down the draft order due to not being “tall enough”.

I’ll be very very happy if he turned out as good as Daniel.

Not sure height was the issue - given the number 1 draft pick is smaller as were 8,9,12,15 to name a few.
The well fancied Serong and Weightman are in this group.

DaicosianMarvels

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
How are early draft picks over rated? Without early picks we don't have JDG, pendlebury, grundy, stevo, sidey and players of that calibre. Anyone that says having early picks means nothing is kidding themselves that's how you do get top end talent and I'd happily bet the house on it our recruiters would love a top 10 pick over a pick in the 40s stop being ridiculous.
Anyone would love an early draft pick but you don't need them. Richmond is proof of that.
Best team in the land, 8 premiership players came off their rookie list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone would love an early draft pick but you don't need them. Richmond is proof of that.
Best team in the land, 8 premiership players came off their rookie list.
How would they go without the Pick 3 they used to draft Dusty Martin, Pick 9 for Vlaustin and the Pick 6 the used to trade in Dusty Martin?

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
How would they go without the Pick 3 they used to draft Dusty Martin, Pick 9 for Vlaustin and the Pick 6 the used to trade in Dusty Martin?
No Dusty they’d be far far far less of a team.

elite players playing at elite levels are a difference maker.

the great thing for them was Dusty as a top pick was actually that good.

I think he has plenty of upside. And pendles isn't fast..

Well their loss, our gain.

True and his Elite Using of the Ball does make it not as Relevant as it might be for other prospects who are not elite ball users. With his Lack of Speed

Though I just thinking why Teams Passed him up in 1st 2 Rounds.

I just think Smaller Players have less upside then tall ones

True and his Elite Using of the Ball does make it not as Relevant as it might be for other prospects who are not elite ball users. With his Lack of Speed

Though I just thinking why Teams Passed him up in 1st 2 Rounds.

I just think Smaller Players have less upside then tall ones
They probably had others in front of him for whatever reason. Different reasons that was relevant to them. In the end, it all worked out as it was meant to be.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
I think he has plenty of upside. And Fasolo wasn’t fast..

Well their loss, our gain.

EFA. If we’re making a comparison like that it’s only fair to use someone of similar talent. Why is it you think he has plenty of upside (aside from age)? What areas in particular do you see improving as he develops?

Did you mean Prestia?

Thedivided

Cancelled
Oct 15, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Outside of his Height I also Reckon he Speed(Not Fast) and Lack of Upside where another 2 Reasons why he Dropped to Pick 45
Dave there was a guy at hawthorn called sam Mitchell that was also not very tall and also slipped alot further in his draft year then he should've. If bianco has half the career he did we're the winners here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back