Player Watch Tyler Brown (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Got to love the way, even in all the excitement of the matched bid etc, then becoming an official magpie, dad Gavin still is humble and quiet in the back ground.

Just fantastic.

1. CollingwoodFC
    "Tyler plays on a wing. he’s very well balanced + slides through traffic," - Derek Hine.
  2. Welcome home, Tyler #FOREVER
  3. DPY0b2hU8AAKf69.jpg

Welcome Tyler. Not too fussed with the Port bid; think pick 50 is fair value and we probably would have used 55 for him anyway.

Will be a slow burn with his physique looking about 2 years away from being ready for senior game time. In saying that his dad had a similar body shape and height when he started in the U19s and he turned out alright.

That pic of he and Callum with the 2010 premiership cup is just brilliant.

After our bid for Stephenson, I was way more nervous than I anticipated, waiting to see if we had to match another club's bid on Tyler with our pick 39. Felt immense relief when that didnt happen, and I knew we'd get him with our 50s or 60s pick.

I know some are critical of the 'romance' of the FS picks, and think this is a wasted opportunity. But with a pick in the 50s, anything can happen, its a raffle, so why not opt for the son of a gun? The right genes and late development can still deliver a prize.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome aboard you son of a gun.

I thought it was great that Port bid on him btw.
I loved how horrified he looked when they did, and then the massive sigh of relief when we matched.

Welcome Tyler, hope you can convince Josh to let you have your dad's number.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Why was he bidded with so much later as I thought he was ranked a bit higher than his brother.

Imagine a flag with Buckley, daicos and 2 browns in the club.
By then might be

Buckley x 2
Daicos x 2
Brown x 2
Kelly x 1
Moore x 1

be amusing to say the least

If he wasnt a Brown would we have drafted him? Averaging low teens in tac isnt great.

I hope he was playing dead like Daicos.
Well another club bid pick 50 on him so it wasn't just us that thought he was worth something around that.
I love the romanticism of the whole father son thing.
Happy for the club to take a punt, if it doesn't work out then so be it.
But if the lads have got half the attitude that their father had then they will both be handy players.

Well another club bid pick 50 on him so it wasn't just us that thought he was worth something around that.
I love the romanticism of the whole father son thing.
Happy for the club to take a punt, if it doesn't work out then so be it.
But if the lads have got half the attitude that their father had then they will both be handy players.

I'm a fan of father sons.

If he wasnt a Brown would we have drafted him? Averaging low teens in tac isnt great.

I hope he was playing dead like Daicos.
Don’t think either of them ever played dead, but they were kept out of the TAC system until their draft years so their development was behind the 8 ball.

If you look at Tyler in particular, his averages don’t tell the whole story. There was significant improvement in his game from the start to the end of the year, and he improved enough to be given midfield time by the end of the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back