Player Watch Will Hoskin-Elliott

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm really looking forward to watching this kid next year. I don't mind the 2nd rounder for him. So much talent when healthy. Like the diversity he offers. I'm tipping he'll be a crowd favorite.

Welcome to COLLINGWOOD WHE!!

Really happy with this trade love his speed,clean hands and X factor .
I don't see him just playing forward either has more strings to his bow ,could play nearly any position .

Welcome to the Pies Will

This kid reminds me of a young Dale Thomas with an old Dale Thomas body.

Watched his Highlights and there is some Similarities between the 2 in that they Take the Game On and Can take a Hanger

52 games in 5 years so missing over 58% of games so far...

Yeah that is not a Great Sign that he has had Trouble with Injuries and that is probably why we have only seen Patches how good he can be.

Hopefully it's better from now on as Fully Fit he is a Excitment Machine.

Still better then JOM who Barley played for 2 Years with Shocking Knee Injuries

Can I suggest that you look through past drafts and look at the success rates for picks in this range. I'm pretty confident that WHE will play more games at a higher standard than is the norm for this draft range.
not saying he wont, just that there will be high expectations on the kid and he is exactly what we need.

If he wasn't a risk, we'd have paid much more for him, since he'd have been a consistent best-22 at the Giants. Treloar-like cost. If he gets fit, this will be a steal. If he stays injured, we were robbed. In other words, it's a calculated gamble. We'll see if it pays off. Medical department actually seems to have improved (this year's injuries often freak accidents, e.g. Swanny) so I have hope (optimistic fool that I am).

If he wasn't a risk, we'd have paid much more for him, since he'd have been a consistent best-22 at the Giants. Treloar-like cost. If he gets fit, this will be a steal. If he stays injured, we were robbed. In other words, it's a calculated gamble. We'll see if it pays off. Medical department actually seems to have improved (this year's injuries often freak accidents, e.g. Swanny) so I have hope (optimistic fool that I am).

Agree. Trade could go either way. Could be a Gun and Looks like a Steal OR He does not get over his Injuries and Looks like we got Ripped Off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What we gave GWS for WHE was a fair price, we didnt pay overs in my opinion, but i do think other clubs got unders for their deals.

Either way im glad we got him, something we lack, speed and class over the ground with elite hands when moving forward. Gets his body right, he will provide many highlights over the coming years,

Absolutely stoked, this kid can play. Second round future pick, what a bargain! very excited!
Spot on,, the way draft picks are thrown around, their actual value is a mystery. You can get a dud at 10 in freeman and get a gun at 53 in Swan, future 2nd round, big deal, hope this guy lights it up.

Why Do you Kirby and Stifler's mom rate WHE Higher?

WHE is a Very Exciting Talent but Not Done a Heap at AFL Level Yet.

Look at the Career Numbers and Aish is ahead of WHE:

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d2=5&type=A&pid1=3642&pid2=3924&fid1=C&fid2=C

Aish and WHE are both going to be Hopefully be Guns for Collingwood but Aish has done more so far the WHE and 2 years Younger
My assessment is not based upon their statistics it is based upon me watching them play football and the level of talent that they both display.

It is not a knock on Aish Dave, I really like him. I think his second half of the year showed that he will be a very good player.

I agree that WHE hasn't done a heap at AFL level yet but based upon my eye and gut feeling I believe that he can be very good (if not excellent). I think he has an elite level of natural talent. If we can harness that I think he could be fantastic for us.

I'm excited to have him in. I think we probably paid overs a little bit...but it was probably due to the fact that we were running out of time and needed to get the deal through. He was a contracted player afterall. Interesting to find out who is paying the bulk of his salary next year. I'd say GWS pay a component if we paid a 2nd rounder....but we would take on the majority.

I'm so excited by WHE that he now has his own dancing girl gif to celebrate!

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back