Player Watch Will Hoskin-Elliott

I love the bromance thing. Treloar is a full pro too so I can only see it being a good thing.
Bromance is for real....
3d82a6182df85db80d4140e42232b62d.jpg

SpongePie

Premium Platinum
Feb 14, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Howdy - I don't really know much about WHE... sounds like he is a bit of an outside runner? Similar type to Daisy?
Is his potential better than Daisy around the 2011 mark? Or still totally unknown?

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I must say that highlights package was quite impressive......hopefully he stays on the park because he definitely has the talent!

Well done Pies and good luck in 2017 and beyond WHE.

What position do people see him playing for us. I'd love to put him on a wing but I can definitely see the appeal of having him as a high forward
Wouldn't be surprised to see the position mixed up with our other fwds like Elliott and Fas. Although Fas seems to be the least mobile of those 3.

What position do people see him playing for us. I'd love to put him on a wing but I can definitely see the appeal of having him as a high forward

Play HFF,Wing and HBF. Very Verstile

May 12, 2014
FNQ
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
I have always thought he should play off the half backline for CFC but I don't know where that leaves Shaz and Langdon. Like Howe, he will more than likely be the better athlete than his apponent. Has really good endurance to run both ways, electric speed and excellent footskills.
The obvious option early in his career is on the wing or half forward but we have multiple options there too, maybe he will be a utility and play just about anywhere the coach needs requires a job done.
More than likely long term he will become a genuine midfielder. In two years time our midfield will look something like this, Grundy, Adams, Treloar, WHE, DeGoey, Aish, Maynard, Broomhead, Scharenberg and possibly Sier, Wow!
How could I forget Brown and Daicos!

Last edited:

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
don't want to be pessimistic but I fear you won Old Kent Rd. What are his injury concerns?
Old Kent Road
If used well was a powerful street in monopoly.
Was Cheap, you get there first as you pass go....

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Very good injury prone player. I'll leave it at that.
So for you the translation is:

What a super star! An ocassional niggle, plays through it, club champion in the making,

Robroy22

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 24, 2012
Jindabyne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Central Broken Hill (Magpies)
As a junior WHE always reminded me of a young Brendan Goddard. He could do it all... run, mark, kick long and he had anticipation and speed. He also rarely loses his feet. I'm really hoping he can regain his confidence and take games on like he used to.

regpies

Premiership Player
Sep 19, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
In his draft year he was 2nd in beep test and 3km time trial. So sounds like he could be good on the wing as a 2 way runner, sneaking forward and also getting back to help out. Great mark of the ball so I'd like to see him off half back breaking the lines.

Howdy - I don't really know much about WHE... sounds like he is a bit of an outside runner? Similar type to Daisy?
Is his potential better than Daisy around the 2011 mark? Or still totally unknown?
Daisy around the 2011 mark was arguably the most exciting talent in the league. So no. WHE is not even close to Daisy 2011 and I'd be surprised if he ever got to that level. Nothing's impossible though I guess.

Mar 5, 2002
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Daisy around the 2011 mark was arguably the most exciting talent in the league. So no. WHE is not even close to Daisy 2011 and I'd be surprised if he ever got to that level. Nothing's impossible though I guess.

To be fair, it took Dai$y a few years to hit is straps. He received plenty of criticism early.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm all for only trading in best 22 talent with only caveat a list emergency position, usually ruckmen (Eg Ben Hudson).

He looks, if healthy, a solid best 22.
Might be this years Howe.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Why are they cuddling?
Because there is wonderful comraderie at our club :p
You should see Jaime Aish and the Bergermeister ;)

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
To be fair, it took Dai$y a few years to hit is straps. He received plenty of criticism early.
Lol you have $pelt his name beautifully :D

It's not early for WHE any more. Next year will be his 6th year, the same as Thomas in 2011, who had already been the player of the previous years finals series by that time.

As I said, nothing's impossible, but it would take a massive improvement to get to those levels.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
We have the potential for a real exciting forward line:

HF: Howe Mayne Elliot
FF: Fasolo Moore WHE

Opposition might as well just throw a bunch of step-ladders out to defend this.

Welcome to Collingwood, WHE!

P.S. Not actually advocating moving Howe from the backline. I find Mayne's forward pressure exciting.
If we had them all fit and firing it would be frightening for defenders, yes.

That would make me very happy.

Imagine, Elliot up flying...

look now, there's Fasolo flying....

Hoskin-Elliot flying...

Now it's Moore being the jumper...

Howes dropped in for a fly....

And now Cox with his outstretched arms....

All of sudden...... we might be onto something here..

Ball drops down, that maniac Mayne tackle tackle tackle.....

:)

Back