Full Sample

2011 End of Season Review

by Nuggo

2010 review

Games - 19
Goals - 24
Sub: on = 0, off = 0
Best and Fairest - 22 votes (8th)
Dreamteam - 1128 points; $222,200 (-$19,200)
Supercoach - 1198 points; $266,600 (+$5,600)

Pressure Act King

After playing 22 games in 2010 and finishing 10th in the Merrett-Murray Medal, Banfield was awarded an Australian jumper in the International Rules Series played in Ireland. We learnt two things whilst he was in Ireland – he can definitely play the hybrid game but can’t shoot a clay pigeon to save him self.

Having a trouble free preseason all eyes were on the speed demon to see if he could become the complete player. Banfield looked impressive by adding some spark in the NAB Cup while spending some time in the midfield.

Round 1 against Fremantle saw him top the AFL list in Pressure Acts (a stat based on physical and implied pressure) with a total of 31. Whilst his defensive pressure was very good Banfield over the coming rounds started to lose confidence in his hands – both marking and collecting the ball off the deck. Rushing shots on goal were not helping his cause either.

Round 9 against North Melbourne in the wet saw Banfield turn his season around with a blistering second half. He continued that form the following round against Adelaide by kicking 3 majors and applying his signature pressure acts.

Round 11 against Sydney saw him get a Goal of the Year Nomination. With what started with a defensive pressure act on a Sydney player, Banfield stole the ball, sped down the right hand wing then slotted the ball home with a superb right foot kick from 55m.

The Footy Gods threw the injury stick at the Lions again with Banfield sustaining a hamstring injury in the last quarter of Round 13 against Richmond. Round 16 against Hawthorn in Tasmania saw him return but he had a quiet game with his hands letting him down again.

Round 17 against Geelong Banfield kicked four goals (three coming in the third quarter). He strained his hamstring in Round 23 against West Coast and although was named to take on Sydney in the last round his hamstring didn’t come up.

Banfield was nominated by Champion Data as being the best in the competition in the key statistical category of “forward pressure”. For his reward he was selected in the ulitmate “Champion Team”. Not bad when you see some of the other slackers in the team.

Banfield has been upfront with his poor hand skills and admitted to having extra skill sessions with Simon Black (could there be anybody better). One can’t help but feel if he can get this part of his game worked out than we will have one hell of a player on our hands.

banfield.jpg

Excellent. I'm not that busy atm so I'll try and get a couple of threads done :thumbsu:

Cheers, only condition is we keep the opening post to the format above. All ongoing discussion etc can be the usual player banter/discussion

Cheers, only condition is we keep the opening post to the format above. All ongoing discussion etc can be the usual player banter/discussion
OK, may have trouble finding all that info (b&f votes, SC price change)

I'm starting with #1: Jarrad Grant

OK, may have trouble finding all that info (b&f votes, SC price change)

I'm starting with #1: Jarrad Grant

Just put the heading with a TBA against them i.e.

Best and Fairest - TBA
Dreamteam - TBA
Supercoach - TBA

We'll edit it in later

If there are no complaints, I'll get "#2: Robert Murphy" underway :footy:

Mate go for it. First in, first served. :D

If anyone wants to help Werewolf with any player respond to the OP of the player watch thread.

Mate go for it. First in, first served. :D

If anyone wants to help Werewolf with any player respond to the OP of the player watch thread.
Cheers, a reply or a PM with suggestions is fine by me :)

Thinking of creating a thread for each player with just TBA. Whoever wants to do the write up on that player I'll edit it into the OP.

That way we can start moving all player based discussion into here and within that players thread.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i will do some more when I finish my exams, might procrastinate a bit though should skyrim be too captivating.

Yeah, I haven't got Skyrim yet. I know it's going to be a time killer when I do though.

Igloo mentioned he was going to contribute, I guess he is too busy playing Skyrim. ;)

Daniel Cross thread submitted - will edit in more stuff later.

Didn't see any VFL this year owing to my location, so most of our youngsters will have to be done by other posters.

Yeah, I haven't got Skyrim yet. I know it's going to be a time killer when I do though.

Igloo mentioned he was going to contribute, I guess he is too busy playing Skyrim. ;)

Haha, you're damn right im too busy playing Skyrim. Sorry Ant_, haven't been on here too much :p
I'll try get around to some soon though. Within the next couple of days anyway. Might have a crack at some of the lesser lights, rather than our bigger names.

Haha, you're damn right im too busy playing Skyrim. Sorry Ant_, haven't been on here too much :p
I'll try get around to some soon though. Within the next couple of days anyway. Might have a crack at some of the lesser lights, rather than our bigger names.

All good mate.

Someone else had better do the Stack, Barlow and Mulligan reviews as my opinions on players with athletic genes and next to no football ability is known and it may come across a bit harsh.

Someone else had better do the Stack, Barlow and Mulligan reviews as my opinions on players with athletic genes and next to no football ability is known and it may come across a bit harsh.
Don't look at me for the Mulligan review; I think that I was one of his harshest critics on here and that won't lead to a fair review.

Stack and Barlow are no longer with the club, we can leave them out

Addison, Cordy, Hill, Hooper, Johannissen, Moles, Roughead, Schofield, Skinner, Wallis to go.

If there are any Willy/Willy Reserves watches who want to do Cordy, Hill, Skinner and Johannissen in particular as I didn't see enough of them through the year to comment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back