Retired # 5: Devon Smith - Hanging up the boots - Thanks for everything Devon! - 12/8

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol - how many years are we going to wait for them to play standout games at AFL level compared to Parish, McGrath, Merrett etc. I don't think its unfair to suggest that they aren't as talented. I can't even think of a single game at AFL level between the 2 of them where I've been like "Wow this guy is going to be elite."

I still think they can be handy players for us - just won't be top 50 AFL players.

Average height: 180.5 cm
Average weight: 78.3 kg

Feels small man

I supposed all we can take from it is that the club has about as much faith in Laverde, Langford and Begley as even the biggest optimists among us. I would have erred on the side of making sure that we've got the ball winners sorted because we've got the run but I guess our options were very limited in that regard.

I supposed all we can take from it is that the club has about as much faith in Laverde, Langford and Begley as even the biggest optimists among us. I would have erred on the side of making sure that we've got the ball winners sorted because we've got the run but I guess our options were very limited in that regard.
I think that is true. However, I wonder if the club believes that having enough clean players mitigates the weakness a little.

Worsfold was very quick to point out (late in the year) that we have fewer stoppages than most teams in our games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caption:

Zaka: Welcome mate, you will be a great addition to the middle

Smith: Yeah I love to get my hands on the footy

Langers: OMG how do I get a game next year
Change Langers to Colyer. Smith makes it very hard for Colyer to fit into a fully fit best 22.
Langford and Myers are in direct competition for a best 22 spot.

Change Langers to Colyer. Smith makes it very hard for Colyer to fit into a fully fit best 22.
Langford and Myers are in direct competition for a best 22 spot.

I agree but looking at Langers body language it is like he is thinking what I wrote.

Pick 11 arguably heavy but i think he is one of the players whom will be the recruit of the year. I really like him youve got good talent on your hands well done

11 not that heavy when we have also received two second round draft picks with him.....

Great pick up.

Seems like a nice, even trade - think we won in the end just on face value, as the team receiving the player wanting out typically does...

We're in dire need of midfielders and I think he can be a great one.

A proven player in and we have only gone back a few spot in the drafts. On face value seems like a win-win deal. He is in the perfect age bracket too for our list. Good work Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back