Toast Welcome to Fit Club

Remove this Banner Ad

^I kid you not, I was 13... :(
But great stuff M2B, potentially antibiotics messing you around but oh well, it is a head start for when you're back into it ;)

Congrats Smooth on cracking the 100, awesome stuff.

I'm not sure how I did it, but I gained alot of weight over just 1 weekend. Even though I was exercising, I think increasing my food intake and attempting to bulk a little reeked havoc.

I feel as if it is going to be trial and error finding my balance, considering I still want to lose belly fat, while gaining muscle.

I feel as if it is going to be trial and error finding my balance, considering I still want to lose belly fat, while gaining muscle.

Remember, muscle weighs more than fat, so you can strip off fat through exercise and put it back on as muscle: lots of exercise can make you heavier (and fitter)

Remember, muscle weighs more than fat, so you can strip off fat through exercise and put it back on as muscle: lots of exercise can make you heavier (and fitter)
Yeah mate I know, didn't "feel" like muscle though :/ May need to bulk and cut at some point, but I like to do things consistently.

this is what losing so much weight looks like!

taken about 14 months ago, big big boy

taken about 3 weeks ago, face obviously blurred out

Ha that's great, that's a lot of weight gone

also means REPLACEMENT WARDROBE TIME!*

hint for ex-fat people: beards make you fat if you don't keep them trim. In fact, if you cut your beard so it's short on the sides and long at the front, you can make you face look longer, and you even skinnier

*also that's a horrendous purple, you look like one of the Teletubbies back then, now, you look like well-dressed guy in skinny jeans

97.8 this morning (down from what Fitbit tells me I was 102.3 on Feb 27, and down 3.4 since 17/5)

Climbed up one of the tracks at Anstey Hill yesterday, and that was tough on the lungs. Not so much on the legs as usual, so the body is getting better at liking stuff (to a degree).

First goal of 95 is in sight!

Down to 95.8 this morning. So I'm going down about 1 kg a month.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't be disheartened by that Bacon8 . Its actually a good thing. You are letting your body adjust at a good rate. The body doesn't think its starving and stores fat , the body adapts to the reduction better than losing 5kg a month.

Good stuff.

Don't be disheartened by that Bacon8 . Its actually a good thing. You are letting your body adjust at a good rate. The body doesn't think its starving and stores fat , the body adapts to the reduction better than losing 5kg a month.

Good stuff.

I'm not disheartened in any shape. It was a brag post :)

I've not changed too much in my vices - still having chocolate, chips, beer, KFC - just not as regularly. Like once a fortnight, opposed to 4 times a week.

Alright, I've thrown myself onto an easily achieved maintenance lifestyle from around father's day, eating ice cream, cheese, hot chips etc whenever they have been put in front of me and no weight gain. If I kept pushing I could lose more, but I'm happy where I am, and if this continues I will have achieved sustainable weight loss.

Still don't go full oil and sugar dependency, but as long as you don't have it as a staple, once you're down to a happy point you should be able to maintain your weight with minimal fuss.

There is light at the end of the tunnel guys :)

I hit my first goal of under 95kg last weekend.

I'm back over it again, due to the celebrating of the milestone, but will get myself back on the wagon.

Now for a sub 90 weigh-in :)

Haven't lost anymore (still round the 89kgs) but in saying that am convinced have more muscle (upper legs predominantly) than I use to. The comments you receive from people one hasn't seen for a few years make it all worthwhile.

Did do the Corporate Cup (run of 4.85kms) each fortnight and final one got done to 31.20 minutes.

Still going to gym 3/4 times a week - treadmill for 25 minutes (complete 4.2kms), rowing machine for 10 minutes (about 2.2kms) and cycle for 25 minutes (about 13kms).

Last edited:
Anyone ITT tried HIIT training? Would recommend giving it a try for anyone looking to lose weight. Can be a lot more fun than running on the treadmill for an hour.

HIIT is a good shock starter for the body if you are in a holding pattern. Have lost 11kg since Oct 1 and have sat on 102 for the last 3 weeks ( good news it isn't going up) so may need to shock the body.

Aiming to be double figures by 31/12 then another 8kg after that. 92kg is my goal

Haven't lost anymore (still round the 89kgs) but in saying that am convinced have more muscle (upper legs predominantly) than I use to. The comments you receive from people one hasn't seen for a few years make it all worthwhile.

Did do the Corporate Cup (run of 4.85kms) each fortnight and final one got done to 31.20 minutes.

Still going to gym 3/4 times a week - treadmill for 25 minutes (complete 4.2kms), rowing machine for 10 minutes (about 2.2kms) and cycle for 25 minutes (about 13kms).

If you want to burn body fat do one month on the Bike (on road) but hit the hills maybe start on norton before graduating to say greenhill rd. You want see much in that first month but after that it will drop and drop quick so much so you will need to increase your food intake, combine with a bit of swimming and gym and you will be set. And food want be a concern

forgive the tough love approach, but you're going to stagnate if you haven't already doing this, its too easy.

if you've already got the gym membership its the perfect time to progress into hitting the weights. More muscle = higher resting metabolic rate, or in other words a bigger engine burns more fuel. Plus it adds a hell of a lot more variety to your routine and is arguably more fun, easier, and more effective than effectively jogging on the spot for an hour.

also, just to head off a common concern/misconception just in case - DO NOT WORRY ABOUT "I don't want to get too big/look like a bodybuilder" - trust me, unless you're eating a dozen eggs, 3L of milk and 1kg of chicken breast a day to go with all your roids its not going to happen.

this advice applies to everyone by the way. If anyone has been interested in doing more weights because they're sick of the treadmill but are a bit daunted by the learning curve and bro-science let me know and I can hook you up with some free, quality resources.

forgive the tough love approach, but you're going to stagnate if you haven't already doing this, its too easy.

if you've already got the gym membership its the perfect time to progress into hitting the weights. More muscle = higher resting metabolic rate, or in other words a bigger engine burns more fuel. Plus it adds a hell of a lot more variety to your routine and is arguably more fun, easier, and more effective than effectively jogging on the spot for an hour.

also, just to head off a common concern/misconception just in case - DO NOT WORRY ABOUT "I don't want to get too big/look like a bodybuilder" - trust me, unless you're eating a dozen eggs, 3L of milk and 1kg of chicken breast a day to go with all your roids its not going to happen.

this advice applies to everyone by the way. If anyone has been interested in doing more weights because they're sick of the treadmill but are a bit daunted by the learning curve and bro-science let me know and I can hook you up with some free, quality resources.

I agree building muscle burns fat whilst your not even training but to cut up a bit you need to have a super strict diet if you want to eat liberally you need to expend some energy riding burns most especially hills but you spend hours on the bike best way to get the same is interval training say on the ergo or treadmill with intense bursts then slow down and repeat

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Thanks for the tips and it is probably time to hit the weights again.

Up until now I've stayed away from weights due to the advice from my cardiologist (its been 1 1/2 years since my heart attack) but it is time to mix it up a bit.

Don't have an issue on either treadmill or cycles at Next Gen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back