Toast Welcome to Fit Club

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't stress that stuff.

I alternate between

"it's all good, don't stress, it doesn't matter"

and

"you inconsiderate piece of s**t, i hope your family dies, your house burns down with you in it, and those weights fall on you"

This morning's weigh-in: 84.3kg

I did not have my breakfast chocolate donut, i am eating a banana instead

I alternate between

"it's all good, don't stress, it doesn't matter"

and

"you inconsiderate piece of s**t, i hope your family dies, your house burns down with you in it, and those weights fall on you"

This morning's weigh-in: 84.3kg

I did not have my breakfast chocolate donut, i am eating a banana instead

Go stand outside. YOu'll lose 2kg in sweat in about 3.5 minutes.

As you all know I have gradually shed 20kg over 3 years. Also doing a bit of PT stuff with a friend to tone up my body. Since I was consistently losing weight I have only been shopping at Kmart/ target. Didn’t want to spend money on nice clothes only to have it not fit in 6 months. I am now at a point where I’m pretty happy with how my body looks so today headed into the city checking out the sales and getting some nice clothes that fit. Felt mighty good pulling the smalls/10’s off the shelves! Also felt great putting on a couple of sexy dresses and looking pretty good in them! Have avoided dresses for years! I’ll still keep toning up working on getting the body I really want but for now I’m just so happy with how I look and I feel great as a result!!

*many weeks pass with chocolate ice cream*

This morning (equiv. week 20) - 83.0kg

Not bad considering I'm still eating rubbish.

Portion size is the killer. And bread. Eating a lot less bread, and eating half as much at meals. Getting very little exercise still, but that's about to change.

Let's get some updates people

Danoz
kirky
Dips
FR0GGY
Moonwatcher
Glenno23
AmericanCrow
Been going to the gym for over 12 years, lifting weights, no cardio .....was strong, but the fat wasn't disappearing

12 Months ago i started getting trained .....learn't technique (IMPORTANT) .....lifting less weight now, but the physique has changed dramatically

The two differences .....technique & an app called "My Fitness Pal" ......learn't to stay on a calorie budget, and what not to put into my body

It's no diet, i struggle to eat enough ......but operate on a gram of protein per pound of weight (approx 200 grams of protein per day ....this means Protein is 80% of my daily intake

No Bread, Pasta, Rice .....and definitely no biscuits

I'm starting to look into getting a PT or the like for some strength training. I'm doing True Grit in April, and need some upper body strength.
Best decision i made .....i'm still 182cm with a weight of 90kgs, but about 15% bodyfat now

The trick is ....no diets !!!!! ....can't be sustained

Get the app "my fitness pal" .....record what weight you are, where you want to be & over what time ...it's easy

Then record everything you eat .....it's all in the app generally, but you can add your own foods too

Build muscles ....improves posture, burns more energy (fat)
Food Intake ......no processed foods, 1 gram of protein per pound of weight

Remember .....Carbs gets converted to sugar on being processed by the body, so eating lots of sugary products + Carbs simply is a sugar overload, going straight to your stomach / backside

Disagree

Interruptions forever at the gym

People finishing a set on a machine, then requiring a ten minute break while sitting on the machine to recover from their 8 reps of 5 kilos bench press

That stupid ******* music that pipes through... It is not inspirational.
Ipod with ear phones blocks out the outside world ......find a gym, a real scungy gym with no carpet or airconditioning .......everyone there is serious & won't hog equipment, checking their mobiles every 3 minutes

Ipod with ear phones blocks out the outside world ......find a gym, a real scungy gym with no carpet or airconditioning .......everyone there is serious & won't hog equipment, checking their mobiles every 3 minutes

The gyms i've been to have had their shitty EDM up so loud, i have to put my headphones loud, it's just too loud.

and FSM yes, STOP CHECKING YOUR DAMN PHONES AND INSTAGRAM AND STUFF YOU POSERS!!!!!

oh wait, i'm not a member there anymore, do what you like.

The gyms i've been to have had their shitty EDM up so loud, i have to put my headphones loud, it's just too loud.

and FSM yes, STOP CHECKING YOUR DAMN PHONES AND INSTAGRAM AND STUFF YOU POSERS!!!!!

oh wait, i'm not a member there anymore, do what you like.
Mine are full blast .....i often say, i'll go deaf b4 i get fit

I go to a 24 hour 500 sq mtr gym .....i don't think its been cleaned in a decade .....but i only pay $2 per visit

I never take my phone to the gym, and it shits me that people can't do 3 min of exercise with checking whats happened in the world ......i simply move them on, because i can

Mine are full blast .....i often say, i'll go deaf b4 i get fit

Ouch, no couldn't do it. I end up finding it distracting / painful.

I go to a 24 hour 500 sq mtr gym .....i don't think its been cleaned in a decade .....but i only pay $2 per visit

$2 per visit is great, i assume you mean $2 a visit and not $500 a year and you go 250 times

I never take my phone to the gym, and it shits me that people can't do 3 min of exercise with checking whats happened in the world ......i simply move them on, because i can

Good move.

Ouch, no couldn't do it. I end up finding it distracting / painful.
I'm a music nut ......it has to be mind numbing loud ....it has to be sometimes to blockout the piped music ....go thru ear headphones, once every two months

$2 per visit is great, i assume you mean $2 a visit and not $500 a year and you go 250 times

No, it's $2 per visit ......I go 5 times a week, so it costs me $10 per week

Okay, i would love some advice. I have been eating healthily since the new year, and lost some weight (more to go), but exercise is the issue.
I have torn ankle ligaments and am waiting on a reconstruction. I can't run or cycle. I am not supposed to be walking for exercise, but do ~8000 steps a day incidentally. I have been swimming 3 times a week, and have just got up to 1500m at a time, and I'm enjoying this, but was wondering if anyone had ideas for anything else/extra I could do?

Thanks!

Ps i have also been lowering the average age and reducing the gender imbalance at aquarobics too.

Zero Gravity Yoga?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay, i would love some advice. I have been eating healthily since the new year, and lost some weight (more to go), but exercise is the issue.
I have torn ankle ligaments and am waiting on a reconstruction. I can't run or cycle. I am not supposed to be walking for exercise, but do ~8000 steps a day incidentally. I have been swimming 3 times a week, and have just got up to 1500m at a time, and I'm enjoying this, but was wondering if anyone had ideas for anything else/extra I could do?

Thanks!

Ps i have also been lowering the average age and reducing the gender imbalance at aquarobics too.
injuries are what they are, not much you can do about an ankle.

if weight loss is the goal I would encourage you not to underestimate the power of strength training though. Start doing some pushups and a nasty core routine :thumbsu:

As you all know I have gradually shed 20kg over 3 years. Also doing a bit of PT stuff with a friend to tone up my body. Since I was consistently losing weight I have only been shopping at Kmart/ target. Didn’t want to spend money on nice clothes only to have it not fit in 6 months. I am now at a point where I’m pretty happy with how my body looks so today headed into the city checking out the sales and getting some nice clothes that fit. Felt mighty good pulling the smalls/10’s off the shelves! Also felt great putting on a couple of sexy dresses and looking pretty good in them! Have avoided dresses for years! I’ll still keep toning up working on getting the body I really want but for now I’m just so happy with how I look and I feel great as a result!!

After many years of adding an X to my clothes out of necessity, it's great to be able to choose clothes because I like them.

Been going to the gym for over 12 years, lifting weights, no cardio .....was strong, but the fat wasn't disappearing

12 Months ago i started getting trained .....learn't technique (IMPORTANT) .....lifting less weight now, but the physique has changed dramatically

The two differences .....technique & an app called "My Fitness Pal" ......learn't to stay on a calorie budget, and what not to put into my body

It's no diet, i struggle to eat enough ......but operate on a gram of protein per pound of weight (approx 200 grams of protein per day ....this means Protein is 80% of my daily intake

"Technique", it doesn't really matter. Get a weight and lift it. The total body benefit remains the same. Technique is about isolating muscles to maximise visual impact. If you genuinely want to look ripped, get a job in a civil crew shovelling dirt. The important factor is engaging your muscles and making your body work.

After many years of adding an X to my clothes out of necessity, it's great to be able to choose clothes because I like them.
Thats the same reason im trying to shed the kilos, i miss the ability to buy clothes i like ( i hate clothes shopping).

Ive been doing 3 runs a week since new years eve.

Ive only managed to shed 2.5 kgs, but it was the festive season :D

Should add. Running is by far the best form of excercise (outside ofbswimming). As a fat person, my greatest lament has been that i can no longer just open the front door and punch out a few clicks. Running shreds fat.

Thanks!

There's nothing stopping you from working your core and upper body. Push ups, chin ups, sit ups etc. An ankle reduces your options less than nearly any other injury.

"Technique", it doesn't really matter. Get a weight and lift it. The total body benefit remains the same. Technique is about isolating muscles to maximise visual impact. If you genuinely want to look ripped, get a job in a civil crew shovelling dirt. The important factor is engaging your muscles and making your body work.
Not really .... there’s a difference between leaving a gym “tired” and “sore”

That’s what I learned .... yes you’ll still lose weight by simply lifting any weight, but you won’t get “Ripped” ..... that’s the main difference

I had a bad arthritic thumb from football days ..... was getting very sore to move, but since the gym ... I feel zero pain & regained full movement

The adage is true ....use it or lose it

Thats the same reason im trying to shed the kilos, i miss the ability to buy clothes i like ( i hate clothes shopping).

Ive been doing 3 runs a week since new years eve.

Ive only managed to shed 2.5 kgs, but it was the festive season :D

Honestly, clothes shopping was depressing. The missus wanted me to look the best that I could and i understand that. But going into that changing room was soul destroying. I hated every moment. I love buying clothes again, I love going to the hairdresser.

But, yeh, i snuck on 3kgs over xmas. I've dropped beer and taken up whiskey and soda and the weight is again falling off me.

Should add. Running is by far the best form of excercise (outside ofbswimming). As a fat person, my greatest lament has been that i can no longer just open the front door and punch out a few clicks. Running shreds fat.
Trust me this is not true ..... running loses fat but also muscle & as you get older a great way to reserve your Knee Replacement

I used to run massive distances, but now it’s all heavy weights & no aeorobic .... burns fat, preserves muscle ( if diet is correct) ..... and continues to burn fat for approx 36 hours v running which is a few hours

But food intake is 70% of any program .....1gram of protein per pound of weight ...no processed foods whatsoever

Not really .... there’s a difference between leaving a gym “tired” and “sore”

That’s what I learned .... yes you’ll still lose weight by simply lifting any weight, but you won’t get “Ripped” ..... that’s the main difference

I had a bad arthritic thumb from football days ..... was getting very sore to move, but since the gym ... I feel zero pain & regained full movement

The adage is true ....use it or lose it

You won't get ripped by lifting weights. Body builders shred by using chemicals. Rippedness comes from a combination of strength workouts and aerobic workouts. I also have a s**t thumb (and ankle) (and knee) (and shoulder) from footy days. Not hindering my golf at the moment, so time well spent.

injuries are what they are, not much you can do about an ankle.

if weight loss is the goal I would encourage you not to underestimate the power of strength training though. Start doing some pushups and a nasty core routine :thumbsu:
Weight resistance work is the best .... dips, pull-ups , push-ups but on parallel bars not floor

For stomach - 2 min planks are hard to beat and can be done at home

Currently by the pool in Thailand’s Sunny Ko Samui ..... trying to find a gym

FINALLY

I gave up Coca Cola two and a half years ago, so no caffeine (I don’t drink coffee)

I eat very healthy with one meal cheat day a week.

BUT I FINALLy STOPPED

There is a service station around the corner, they sell 3 x 2L Woodies a lemonade for $6

I love Woodies lemonade

There would be a visit every week, and I would guzzle that s**t down

I am now soft drink free for the first time in my life... day 5

GF said to me yesterday, you look thinner, you’ve done a lot of exercise lately walking around and stuff

Weighed myself

81.5kg

Not too long ago I was 89

It’s working, it’s working

Ripped carved-out-of-stone badass Deaneus is coming back*

*may never have existed

Remove this Banner Ad

Back