Toast Welcome to Fit Club

2.2 pounds in the event you're not trolling

I was yanking your chain yes ;)

I actually think it's pretty normal to put a few pounds on when you travel overseas. Eating out every night--getting out of exercise routines.

Takes damn good self discipline to stick to a routine when seeing sights, etc

Okay, so my GF decided to go on a diet. After a few weeks she was happy with the result - something called the Ketosis Diet, where there are practically zero carbs, lots of protein, a bit of fat; eating the fat causes the body to burn the fat you already have, the protein keeps the muscle up, no carbs means there's nothing to store via turning into fat. I gave up soft drink completely about 3 weeks ago, chocolate donuts last week... beer not so much but that's my only vice right now*

I've been doing it officially for a week and a half - a little bit hungry, but i'm in a mental space right now where i could defeat Thanos, so i'm running with it. Lunch is a tin of tuna and about 100g of cheese. Breakfast is a protein bar. Dinner is something healthy - this week, it's capsicums stuffed with chicken mince, celery, mushrooms and chili. I'm hungry sometimes, but i willpower that mother ******.

So i step on the scales last night. The counter flicks up, and up... and stops. At 79.7 kg.

I'm like, WTF? I've never thought they were super accurate electronic scales, but i did think i looked thinner in the mirror, and i wore my really nice Calvin Klein suit yesterday that i bought about three years ago (it's so swish) and it fit like a dream. First time it's been under 80 since i don't remember when.

So that's re-energising. Next will be the 100/100 (100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups every day) and I will look like a ******* cheese grater when i take my shirt off.

Just feeling like this

yeah-im-pretty-93m56k.jpg

* that i can safely write here

My brother started this diet last year and dropped 40 pounds in 10 months.

Swears by it

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
Update - whilst no material weight change (still around the 90kgs), more gym time and pushing myself each time. Did PBs both on the bike and treadmill today and currently doing 4 sessions per week. Body definition changes with more muscle in legs (no hamstring awareness yet!) and better balance.

In about a month head off to South America for 5 weeks with approx. 3 weeks in high altitude in Peru (Cuzco, Machu Picchu trek, Lake Titicaca) so will be interesting how that goes.

Goal for early 2019 is a half Ironman @ Geelong and fortunately I will be retiring in 4 weeks so will be able devote even more time to fitness.

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
Update - whilst no material weight change (still around the 90kgs), more gym time and pushing myself each time. Did PBs both on the bike and treadmill today and currently doing 4 sessions per week. Body definition changes with more muscle in legs (no hamstring awareness yet!) and better balance.

In about a month head off to South America for 5 weeks with approx. 3 weeks in high altitude in Peru (Cuzco, Machu Picchu trek, Lake Titicaca) so will be interesting how that goes.

Goal for early 2019 is a half Ironman @ Geelong and fortunately I will be retiring in 4 weeks so will be able devote even more time to fitness.
Have you got all clears for the HA?

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
High Altitiude. I recall you have come off of a heart attack? So yeah HA could also mean that

No problem with high altitude - got tablets and you don’t know if you are going to suffer until you are there but the trek to Machu Picchu is in the last week - will have adjusted to it by then.

With regard to heart attack - all clear two years ago and GP is more than happy. I do know that at some future point it will happen again but I will have ticked off my bucket list by then and trust me it is a long list.

Your body is capable of quite a bit and we just need to push ourselves and get out of our comfort zone. What I do like is I’m 57 and yet I do stuff that 30yo (who should do it with ease) struggle, which gives me some satisfaction.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
High Altitiude. I recall you have come off of a heart attack? So yeah HA could also mean that
Speaking of high altitude...

Heard a story that Kyle Hartigan did a trek to Mt Everest base camp. Went too fast and didn't allow his body to adjust to the different pressure/oxygen. Got sick and had to turn back

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Absolute pain in the ass not being able to fully run.... I'm about 6-7 months in from my second knee reconstruction and having the confidence to be able too is bothering me as i'm worried as f**k on hurting my knee again.

Stop being weak and ******* do it

I mean, dude, completely understand. Without confidence, you won't trust it - so just build that trust up slowly. Go the old slow jog to the end of the block and back thing, increase distances, keep it steady, you'll be able to do it... your knee is probably mentally weaker than it is physically.

Listen to your doctor, trust yourself, go slow. Also, use flat ground, nothing where you'll have to twist your knee or anything, etc.

you can do it!

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Weighed myself this morning.

That's ten kilos in probably 2 months. It's the lightest i can remember being for years. And people have noticed - even i noticed, looking at myself in the mirror last night, my face is thinner.

I fit into another suit the other day - my clothes are much baggier.

On a whim, i went into Rebel Sports today whilst doing the food shopping, and bought some ankle weights - my old ones had split and the lead was slowly leaking out. Got 5kg (2 x 2.5kg) for $40 which i was happy to do as an impulse buy.

Wore them for the rest of the shopping (hour and a half) then got home took them off and it was like floating. So they'll be on every day now.

Aug 20, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtics , England FC
Stop being weak and ******* do it

I mean, dude, completely understand. Without confidence, you won't trust it - so just build that trust up slowly. Go the old slow jog to the end of the block and back thing, increase distances, keep it steady, you'll be able to do it... your knee is probably mentally weaker than it is physically.

Listen to your doctor, trust yourself, go slow. Also, use flat ground, nothing where you'll have to twist your knee or anything, etc.

you can do it!

I just started going to the gym again (I was lazy) and yeah the DOMS was ridiculous the next morning.

But yeah I'm going to train my legs and take my time aha

and thank you for the motivation ;)

Aug 20, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtics , England FC

That's ten kilos in probably 2 months. It's the lightest i can remember being for years. And people have noticed - even i noticed, looking at myself in the mirror last night, my face is thinner.

On a whim, i went into Rebel Sports today whilst doing the food shopping, and bought some ankle weights - my old ones had split and the lead was slowly leaking out. Got 5kg (2 x 2.5kg) for $40 which i was happy to do as an impulse buy.

Wore them for the rest of the shopping (hour and a half) then got home took them off and it was like floating. So they'll be on every day now.

Good job man!

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox

This is good stuff

Can you provide a typical diet week? I read into the ketosis and I think it has some good ideas but not sure how to incorporate it just yet

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
This is good stuff

Can you provide a typical diet week? I read into the ketosis and I think it has some good ideas but not sure how to incorporate it just yet

Breakfast: 1 x ProteinFX Lo-Carb blueberry almond bar

Lunch: 1 tin Greenseas tuna in springwater with 50g cheese

Afternoon Snack: 1 x ProteinFX Lo-Carb blueberry almond bar

Dinner: steak / fish with beans / broccoli

To drink: water. Only water. And beer.

rinse, repeat. there's almost no carbs in there, and my GF has said it's practically a starvation diet... however, for other reasons, IDGAF.

once every three weeks i'll get a large hamburger meal from McDonalds, if I can convince myself to do it. Usually i think about it and get angry and shame myself into eating nothing.

Sep 17, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NY Yankees, Glenelg Adelaide Giants
Breakfast: 1 x ProteinFX Lo-Carb blueberry almond bar

Lunch: 1 tin Greenseas tuna in springwater with 50g cheese

Afternoon Snack: 1 x ProteinFX Lo-Carb blueberry almond bar

Dinner: steak / fish with beans / broccoli

To drink: water. Only water. And beer.

rinse, repeat. there's almost no carbs in there, and my GF has said it's practically a starvation diet... however, for other reasons, IDGAF.

once every three weeks i'll get a large hamburger meal from McDonalds, if I can convince myself to do it. Usually i think about it and get angry and shame myself into eating nothing.

Well, beer is about 90% water :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
Steak / fish is all protein so it doesn't really matter (for my purposes)... but if i go to the butcher and get a porterhouse steak, i'll eat half of it.

fish is two small pieces of flathead

Beans is a fist-sized portion, same as broccoli

Back