Toast Welcome to Fit Club

Remove this Banner Ad

You probably don't lie there on the couch eating leftover pizza the next day though lol. That's the killer for me.
Lol, not anymore. Love pizza, but probably eat it once or twice every 3-4 months.

When I’m hungover, I chuck on the sweats and go for a walk. Seriously. I kind of sweat it out.

My younger self would’ve hated me.

Anybody who is too sedentary need to get themselves a Kelpie/Border Collie cross. If you don't walk, they'll make you regret it. And you can't be mad cause it's your fault.
I’m house sitting a kelpie/border collie cross, one of the most beautiful dogs I’ve seen…..utter nutjob 60% of the time.
Dogs are great to get you out and about, my interest in going for a walk without a dog is low, with a dog is huge.
I’m a short arse, currently about 63kg, I could lose a few kgs and start doing some more exercises (push ups etc) but I walk heaps, hike a lot and am reasonably active at work. I don’t drink coke etc, don’t eat McDonald’s etc and not a sweet tooth. My main failing is beer and wine but it’s not too bad.
I’ve started eating less and cutting out meat a bit more, focusing on a bigger lunch and earlier smaller dinner, apart from weekends I don’t eat breakfast.

Put a bag of chips in front of me snd I’ll eat all of them 🙄

Well your mistake is not smashing the pizza the night before completely lol.

Two thumbs up for Tony Tomatoes.
runburgundy-01-e-jpg.956849

I have a similar issue as well my friend. Iam type 2 and my Dr (who is also a geriatrician) told me I should continue eating the foods I enjoy but simply half the amount you eat. Like its a simple thing to do. My objective is to lose 1kg a month. Not to make it a diet restrictive process. I have to get down to 100kg but my starting point is 125kg. I just enjoy my food. Infact I tell the Dr's that it's my wife's fault because she is a great cook. Mind you I dont blame her to her face even if I say it in jest. But its bloody hard to lose the weight and keep it off. I thought that because I went cold turkey and stopped smoking (havent had a smoke for 40 years now) that I could do the same with food but I really struggle.
That's because the body is hardwired to defend its weight by using hunger.
We have a caveman gene when every calorie was a good calorie because they were few and far between, unlike now when we literally force feed ourselves to reach the weight we started at.

Youve obviously eaten from there, what size do you get?

I did an estimate for large and it was about $45 with the extras.

I dont mind paying if the quality is damn good.
Party size pick-up around $24ish i think.

Chicken Mexicana decent too.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glory be that wonderful fresh pizza smell on your way home, must be torture.
Sometime some pizza even makes it's way home....

I used to pick it up when returning from interstate in a taxi. One day the taxi driver went back & got his own after i called in an order for him lol.

Both I reckon, heaps of carbs in booze and when I hit it I hit it reasonably hard. But the next day I eat and eat bad. So without the booze the binge wouldn’t happen
I hear you - I have a very social crew and sometimes hit it pretty hard and then I'm a write off - no exercise and eat poo - I may need to break the cycle.

Sometime some pizza even makes it's way home....

I used to pick it up when returning from interstate in a taxi. One day the taxi driver went back & got his own after i called in an order for him lol.
I like that they do their own delivery. About $6 too.

With UberEats its like coin toss if the meal arrives hot the further out you are.

I highly recommend Tony Tomatoes in North Adelaide. O'Connell Street.

I hear you - I have a very social crew and sometimes hit it pretty hard and then I'm a write off - no exercise and eat poo - I may need to break the cycle.
Been there and done that.

Even if you are eating at crap places, believe it or not you can make sometimes healthier choices.

Not saying I could do it, but it is still possible.

I just changed to COKE ZERO. Easy fix for me.

When you drink regular COKE, you really notice the sugar hit. But damn its good though.
Sorry to spoil the Coke Zero hit, but there's quite a bit of evidence that diet drinks don't decrease obesity rates much at all due to possible mechanisms such as increasing food cravings and disruption of gut bacteria that keep us healthy.

A dietician told me that losing weight and keeping it off is 80% diet and 20% exercise. As RB said, one of the most important factors is what you eat.
No junk food, as little sugar as possible, no sweets or sugar-laden softies. It's important to break your diet and have a cake or some chokky from time to time otherwise you live a miserable existence.
Do you remember olympic weightlifter Dean Lukin? He lost heaps of weight when he stopped lifting. When asked how he replied that the key was to stop eating.
Sugar is in so many unexpected products on the supermarket shelves. Learn to read the labels.

I dont disagree with you but I dont subscribe to the walking/exercising as being critical to losing the weight. I mean it might help but when I decided to stop smoking I was told "dont putting the cigs in your mouth" Its that simple. The biggest contributor to gaining weight is food. The biggest thing you can do to help yourself is stop putting the food in your mouth. If you can reduce your input you will lose weight. If you decide to exercise or go walking it will help but its the food intake that has to be controlled. But its not easy. My wife's roast dinners just kill me. I cant resist them.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app

A dietician told me that losing weight and keeping it off is 80% diet and 20% exercise. As RB said, one of the most important factors is what you eat.
No junk food, as little sugar as possible, no sweets or sugar-laden softies. It's important to break your diet and have a cake or some chokky from time to time otherwise you live a miserable existence.
Do you remember olympic weightlifter Dean Lukin? He lost heaps of weight when he stopped lifting. When asked how he replied that the key was to stop eating.
Sugar is in so many unexpected products on the supermarket shelves. Learn to read the labels.

On SM-A115F using BigFooty.com mobile app
My story about giving up smoking....there was another major factor. Motivation. A genuine desire to stop smoking. My son and my wife had started coughing in the evenings. That scared me and it helped to create this genuine motivation to quit. But giving up food. s**t its hard There's a difference between smoking and eating. Smoking you dont really need but food well thats difference. We have to eat to live. Two different scenarios. And yes I do remember Lukin and how big he was prior to the Olympics but I also remember him putting the weight back on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back