Toast Welcome to Fit Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright, little update from me.

After stalling for what felt like an eternity, I'm finally on my way back into it. Wasn't game enough to way my self (srs, why is that so scary) and kind of expected to have gained... However, I've had upwards of 3 people comment on how fit I'm looking in the past few days. The first couple I treated as or they were being sarcastic, but the crazy thing is they may have been serious! Feels weird!

Played footy on the Saturday, happy enough with my game I spose. Wish I was cleaner with the ball. Did run the length of the ground though and was oh so close to kicking a crazy rebound goal. Team mate just missed the hand pass.

Anyway, next two weeks are hard at it. Physical outside work, disciplined lunch portion and a stricter diet are inline. Train as much as I can (although I'm just trying not to die I'm that sore atm) and eat smaller dinners.

Not going to way myself because I'm mentally weak but if I feel as if I lose >2kg, I'll be ecstatic. Then it'll be a matter of continuing what I can when I'm stuck in front of a computer all week :/

Keep on going peeps

Did stadium stomp over the weekend and racked up over 52,000 steps on the weekend.

Got back under 100.

11 weeks to city to bay so planning a training regime shortly.

Has winter had us all slow down or something? Dw, I feel it too.

But if figure it is high time for an update.

My diet has stalled massively and regressed :( but I have simply sat on the same weight and not gained thankfully (although, how I feel isn't an accurate judge).

But! In other news, my fitness itself is improving markedly. Played 100% game time, with the entire last 1/4 being spent in the middle. I've just come to accept that although I may be fit, I'll be naturally heavy to an extent. I'll try rectify it through diet etc, but I'm never gonna be a string bean.

Since last update about 3 months ago, am down from 74.45 to about 71.8kg. Still doing bugger all about my fitness though, and my base is so low anyway it would be laughable if it weren't so pathetic. Just can't seem to get started.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Here's a laugh for you all.

My local gym closed down because not enough members, then my boss bought everyone gym memberships for the gym next to work. I went three times in the first week, then once last week (it's EOFY, I'm so busy it's not funny...) but the one time i went last week, I took a HIIT class.

For the uninitiated, a HIIT class is a High Intensity Interval Training class. In English, it's a wish-you-were-dead class.

Warm up was a nice jog. Then, jogging with lunges interspersed. I have chicken legs, so they didn't like this from the beginning - didn't take long for the effort-shakes to kick in. Then the rest of the class was... a burpee, a push-up, jump over a ten kilo bar, then lift from a squatting position, then put it down, then burpee... for twenty minutes.

So, when the ambulance arrived - Just kidding. My thighs and back gave out long before anything else, and i sat and recovered every other minute through probably half the half-hour class, but goddamn did i sweat. Took four days for my legs to recover. I'd go again tonight but work. Will go tomorrow night. New goal - get through the whole class.

Usually doing a lot of exercise when you haven't done any for a long while means your body freaks out. I suspect the next session will be bad, but after a few I'll be fine again. Not game to weight myself at the moment yet though.

Since last update about 3 months ago, am down from 74.45 to about 71.8kg. Still doing bugger all about my fitness though, and my base is so low anyway it would be laughable if it weren't so pathetic. Just can't seem to get started.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

1 - install Pokemon on your phone
2 - start walking

97.8 this morning (down from what Fitbit tells me I was 102.3 on Feb 27, and down 3.4 since 17/5)

Climbed up one of the tracks at Anstey Hill yesterday, and that was tough on the lungs. Not so much on the legs as usual, so the body is getting better at liking stuff (to a degree).

First goal of 95 is in sight!

Decided to go for a 12km on the treadmill last week as I was feeling good when I got to the gym, and clocked just under the hour. Didn't help I'd had a burger and chips for lunch and some frozen yogurt after that as well! Could definitely push a better time if I have a better diet during the day! Not sure if I'll register for the City to Bay, it clashed with finals last year and it's looking that way again this year. Also managed 10:55 for a 3km run recently, which is my best time in a fair while.

I think I may need to join you boys...my fitness has gone downhill lately.
Welcome

My update is I am having Lung Function tests and an ECG this afternoon to determine why my fitness has dramatically dropped off to the fact I cant walk uphill to my letterbox without having to rest. I hope its just fatness

Good luck to all and always monitor yourselves and if anything changes see a doctor

Welcome

My update is I am having Lung Function tests and an ECG this afternoon to determine why my fitness has dramatically dropped off to the fact I cant walk uphill to my letterbox without having to rest. I hope its just fatness

Good luck to all and always monitor yourselves and if anything changes see a doctor

I certainly hope everything checks out okay. It is very good you are getting an opinion, smart move

I certainly hope everything checks out okay. It is very good you are getting an opinion, smart move
Cheers. Always positive. But the point we both want to highlight to the young fellas. We are not invincible. I used to be and 10 years ago I would have ignored my body and kept going. Now I see the mistakes I made and hope I can shine a light on the need to be better doctors to ourselves. Many here have already taken the hardest step so congrats to you all. Just be brave and see a doctor every now and then :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cheers. Always positive. But the point we both want to highlight to the young fellas. We are not invincible. I used to be and 10 years ago I would have ignored my body and kept going. Now I see the mistakes I made and hope I can shine a light on the need to be better doctors to ourselves. Many here have already taken the hardest step so congrats to you all. Just be brave and see a doctor every now and then :)

Could not agree more.

Alright fellas, what is happening? Where are we at?

I'm only 1-2kg off my ideal weight, and honestly I'm very happy with where I am on a purely weight basis.

I'm now starting to look toward gaining some muscle tone on my torso and abdominals. Can already see "shape" coming to the abs but nothing horizontal as of yet.

Ideally I'll end up as heavy as I am or 3-5kg heavier, but I'll lose a kg or two more fat and put on muscle.

I think cutting down my carb (particularly gluten) intake has been the biggest factor by far.

Updates fellas, got to keep pushing

I've now lost 14kg and now 3kg off my initial goal weight. Gone from a size 16 at the start of last year to buying a pair of size 10 jeans last week! Also on track for my 4th Dan grading at the end of the year. All going well!

I am now 326 days without a Coke (yay!) and I've never drunk coffee so the caffeine addiction is sorted.

My local gym closed down - not enough people! - so i was gymless, but my boss bought everyone gym memberships for the 24 hour place next to work, which is super-convenient.

New schedule is gym Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays, 40 minutes on a cross-trainer and half an hour of free weights.

New diet is

breakfast - banana
lunch - 90g of poached chicken with a tiny bit of salt to give it some goddamned flavour
mid afternoon snack - apple
dinner - whatever we've cooked (we eat pretty healthy)
drink - water most of the time, lemonade the rest. very minimal alcohol.

on the weekends breakfast is toast and bacon; dinner is whatever (but in smaller portions and i try to keep it sensible)

I haven't weighted myself yet... working from home today, so i might do it after lunch and see what's up.

Definitely fitter - two months ago, i was struggling batting for four overs in indoor cricket (sprinting between the wickets is a wonderful HIIT exercise) but at the moment doing fine. Plus, guys behind the wickets said my throws were coming in faster - still all over the shop, but faster.

Got a week and a half in Hawai'i in late November / early December - going to try for abs by then just so i can strut around the beach like God's gift and sate my own ego.

I've now lost 14kg and now 3kg off my initial goal weight. Gone from a size 16 at the start of last year to buying a pair of size 10 jeans last week! Also on track for my 4th Dan grading at the end of the year. All going well!

That's great work Servo - i bet it felt good buying off the size 10 rack. Will also come in handy for that grading ;)

Wife & I joined a gym last weekend. Did a class on Sunday - just today are my arms normal again. Will probably go tonight, just to use the machines for a bit.

I'm 2kg off my first goal weight - I've not cut down on my boozing, but ending footy season will do that naturally. Was thinking of running the City to Bay, but got too lazy for that. Might start with some Parkrun meetings.

Shorts are getting a lot looser on me. New range for summer!!

Got a week and a half in Hawai'i in late November / early December - going to try for abs by then just so i can strut around the beach like God's gift and sate my own ego.[/QUOTE]
Haha, going there in 8 days, so once I've been mate anything this side of an elephant should have the locals drooling.

Bought some new pants on Saturday. *Almost* got into a 38. My work pants are still 42's. (Uniform replenishment not due yet).

Years ago when i was fit i tried keeping a diary of what i ate, was a major pain in the ass.

I bought an app last night from a reputable Australian concern, manages a food diary and has all the kj etc. for everything.

Had to wait 20 years for technology to catch up... but it's working.

Still haven't weighed myself, but there's no way i can't have lost weight.

**cue binge eating of chocolate cakes when i get on the scales and it's not less**

Big Props to Mr_Smooth for cracking the ton!!!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back