Toast Welcome to Fremantle Eric 'Roy' Benning (Pick 54 2021 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MadMundy

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Amazing interview, this kid loves the club. I hope he's a part of many premierships to come.

Hazelsnuts

Club Legend
Sep 17, 2016
The beach
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
North Beach. AIK Stockholm
I have watched him all year - and I’m so glad we picked him in the open draft and ahead of Williams - it means we rate him for his talent and work ethic - not getting him on the cheap as an academy Cat B rookie.
Love the way he competes with repeat efforts - loves contact, great mark and really looks to bring others into the game.
Welcome Roy - you are the one I wanted the club to give an opportunity because you have deserved it, earned it because you want it - the sacrifice will pay off - continue to work hard - you will be a favourite at this club.
Good on ya young fella.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
I have watched him all year - and I’m so glad we picked him in the open draft and ahead of Williams - it means we rate him for his talent and work ethic - not getting him on the cheap as an academy Cat B rookie.
Love the way he competes with repeat efforts - loves contact, great mark and really looks to bring others into the game.
Welcome Roy - you are the one I wanted the club to give an opportunity because you have deserved it, earned it because you want it - the sacrifice will pay off - continue to work hard - you will be a favourite at this club.
Good on ya young fella.
Well said. You're a good judge, so I'm even more excited now. He's an impressive speaker too which I think showed a good personality. I can see him being a very very solid Freo person for his whole career.

Minz

Team Captain
Sep 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Montreal Canadiens
He's got a good set of hands by the look of it (follows the ball really well in those marks), and with a learning curve that had him playing in the state side after not long down south... well, that's exciting. If he keeps that up, he'll be a handy AFLer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad