Toast Welcome to Fremantle Eric 'Roy' Benning (Pick 54 2021 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have watched him all year - and I’m so glad we picked him in the open draft and ahead of Williams - it means we rate him for his talent and work ethic - not getting him on the cheap as an academy Cat B rookie.
Love the way he competes with repeat efforts - loves contact, great mark and really looks to bring others into the game.
Welcome Roy - you are the one I wanted the club to give an opportunity because you have deserved it, earned it because you want it - the sacrifice will pay off - continue to work hard - you will be a favourite at this club.
Good on ya young fella.

I have watched him all year - and I’m so glad we picked him in the open draft and ahead of Williams - it means we rate him for his talent and work ethic - not getting him on the cheap as an academy Cat B rookie.
Love the way he competes with repeat efforts - loves contact, great mark and really looks to bring others into the game.
Welcome Roy - you are the one I wanted the club to give an opportunity because you have deserved it, earned it because you want it - the sacrifice will pay off - continue to work hard - you will be a favourite at this club.
Good on ya young fella.

Well said. You're a good judge, so I'm even more excited now. He's an impressive speaker too which I think showed a good personality. I can see him being a very very solid Freo person for his whole career.

He's got a good set of hands by the look of it (follows the ball really well in those marks), and with a learning curve that had him playing in the state side after not long down south... well, that's exciting. If he keeps that up, he'll be a handy AFLer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back