Toast Welcome to Fremantle Karl Worner (pick 8 2021 rookie draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

OK so in another thread I run over on the Sweet FA board I have a thing that I do where I retell unsolicited messages that I receive. And thank to an anonymous BF poster, I can bring you all some potential inside information on our new rookie Karl. Take this with a pinch of salt, but he sounds genuine enough and what he says is very positive.

So welcome everyone to:

966D9F43-2534-413C-9B25-935EFA8DC087.jpeg

Karl is a ripper kid who is very focussed and good news is he wont be bringing over a girlfriend.

He is very good mates with Nick Daicos and trained with him most days. Peter Daicos is a huge wrap for Karl and believes it was crazy that he was not drafted last year.

He was on a scholarship for cricket and also played as an under ager at Carey with Daicos, Rowell and Anderson when they won the APS title.

His lack of exposure in the last 2 years is why he has flown under the radar bust was still interviewed by at least 6 clubs. He is a better footballer than Reef McInness who was drafter by Collingwood last year and would argue he is on level if not better than Finlay Macrae. They were both team mates from Oakleigh Chargers last year.

Anyhow I truly believe you have drafted a beauty with all the tools to make it and i will be following him closely at the Dockers.

BTW Freo only interviewed Karl this morning and told him they were interested and he is now over the moon.

Last edited:
OK so in another thread I run over on the Sweet FA board I have a thing that I do where I retell unsolicited messages that I receive. And thank to an anonymous BF poster, I can bring you all some potential inside information on our new rookie Karl. Take this with a pinch of salt, but he sounds genuine enough and what he says is very positive.

So welcome everyone to:

View attachment 1288079

Karl is a ripper kid who is very focussed and good news is he wont be bringing over a girlfriend.

He is very good mates with Nick Daicos and trained with him most days. Peter Daicos is a huge wrap for Karl and believes it was crazy that he was not drafted last year.

He was on a scholarship for cricket and also played as an under ager at Carey with Daicos, Rowell and Anderson when they won the APS title.

His lack of exposure in the last 2 years is why he has flown under the radar bust was still interviewed by at least 6 clubs. He is a better footballer than Reef McInness who was drafter by Collingwood last year and would argue he is on level if not better than Finlay Macrae. They were both team mates from Oakleigh Chargers last year.

Anyhow I truly believe you have drafted a beauty with all the tools to make it and i will be following him closely at the Dockers.

BTW Freo only interviewed Karl this morning and told him they were interested and he is now over the moon.

Well played Freo!

Wow - I don’t think I’ve ever been more impressed with an interview.
Spoke with passion and clarity beyond his years.
Seems very switched on and a likeable guy, has an honesty about him that shines through - ticks all the character boxes !

Have a sneaky feeling we might have a Brett Bewley2.0, with upgraded wheels and flair

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Love the way he bounces up, looks and moves it on (pretty well too, though admittedly it's a highlight reel).

Some shitmixer tackles there too, is there a way I can bet on him getting rubbed out at some stage for one?

Looking forward to leaning over the fence after 2 or 3 beers 'Worney, Worney give us a wave!' and cheering like drunken pirates when we get one.

So welcome everyone to:

View attachment 1288079

I noticed in the highlights there was a lot of times he fed Daicos.

Not getting the Bewley references tbh. He seems to play much more aggressive and switched on than Bewley.

Mine was specific to his playing position and Vic heritage only - agree that his vision is far more attacking

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very Impressed with the interview , could be a gem of a find here.The guy knows nobody at Freo but he is so pumped to get the chance.Will be watching his career closely Gret Pick up.

yep I don’t get the concern about this spot. The list is fine just need to reduce lost time to injury.

Walters is very much in the twilight and unless he improves on what he's produced the last 2 years, which is unlikely, he'll can't be relied upon. And Henry needs to improve significantly, which is very likely, but he looks more comfortable further up the ground - he's not a small forward from what we've seen so far.

agree makes quick decisions and executes.
Yeah that's what jumped out for me too. Seems to very quickly assess the best option and take it aggressively. Love that intercept and handball just outside the attacking fifty, plays the man into space beautifully.

Also seems a dab hand at the corridor kick, as said before, very aggressive so would be interesting to know how if he got burned much during the season doing that. Does seem that he's got genuine footy smarts though. Couple that with a great work ethic plus a proven desire/ability to take on feedback and improve and it looks like Wallsy may have unearthed another rookie gem.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah that's what jumped out for me too. Seems to very quickly assess the best option and take it aggressively. Love that intercept and handball just outside the attacking fifty, plays the man into space beautifully.

Also seems a dab hand at the corridor kick, as said before, very aggressive so would be interesting to know how if he got burned much during the season doing that. Does seem that he's got genuine footy smarts though. Couple that with a great work ethic plus a proven desire/ability to take on feedback and improve and it looks like Wallsy may have unearthed another rookie gem.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
That's good, because Treacy is a club of 1 as a rookie gem isn't he?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back