Toast Welcome to Fremantle Karl Worner (pick 8 2021 rookie draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not as far as I am aware and you know the club would have said something. I highly doubt he comes until the border opens.
Think WC have the same issue with some random guy they selected instead of Johnson.

...EDIT just checked and Chesser joined training yesterday after finishing quarantine.

Worner and Valente may be brothers from other mothers.

Last edited:

Not as far as I am aware and you know the club would have said something. I highly doubt he comes until the border opens.
Unless he's injured (and even then) there's almost no way he'd wait until Feb and miss out on all that training time. Most likely he would've been on the plane 26th or 27th and quarantining since.

Unless he's injured (and even then) there's almost no way he'd wait until Feb and miss out on all that training time. Most likely he would've been on the plane 26th or 27th and quarantining since.
He seems very determined and would know this is his chance. Another chance likely never comes, so make it count.

Great to see players wanting to be here. How have WAFL watchers rated his season so far?
For mine, he's basically Blake Acres, but a currently worse kick. If he fixes his kicking, he could be a very good player, had a couple of terrific kicks on the weekend which was a good step

Meme Success GIF by MOODMAN

For mine, he's basically Blake Acres, but a currently worse kick. If he fixes his kicking, he could be a very good player, had a couple of terrific kicks on the weekend which was a good step
It's strange that he's struggling with his kicking. It seemed a strength in his VFL year, spotting up Daicos and the like. Without any footy during the pre-season, maybe he's still adjusting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Worner was named amongst the best in the WAFL wrap for the match on 9th July, then the next week he played reserves. Anyone got any idea what the deal was there?

Worner was named amongst the best in the WAFL wrap for the match on 9th July, then the next week he played reserves. Anyone got any idea what the deal was there?
I think that some players had to make way for the returning Fremantle players. Fremantle can only field, I think 12 in the Peel top side.
I think Kuek was sent to the reserves as well.

I think that some players had to make way for the returning Fremantle players. Fremantle can only field, I think 12 in the Peel top side.
I think Kuek was sent to the reserves as well.
No Seb played League.

I think it was Dris and Henry took the wing spots so they sent Worner to play Wing in the ressies. With Henry in this week, Worner will play the other wing with Dris i suspect

Not sure if Karl Worner or Ed Langdon in that photo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back