Toast Welcome to Fremantle Matthew Johnson (pick 21 2021 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope he comes in with a little pissed off at being snubbed, including by WC who had wooed him.

I'm expecting excellent chemistry from the 4 newbies. Bonds of steel.
Yep like Dev Robertson. Work hard and make em pay

Wow, how good is he in traffic? such composure with ball in hand.

Someone commented they were concerned he was a 1 position player, he
looked dangerous in the package playing forward & would be tough match up with his height & agility.
He can play on a wing so I wouldn't consider him a one position player. Decent chance he will spend a fair bit of time on the wing early on in his career. Has really good speed and was considered an outside player until this season according to one of the draft profile reports.

"It was a mix of joy and relief. It's just a dream come true. Neil is one of my best mates and I've spent a lot of time with him and Jye is a great bloke as well. It's pretty much a perfect result if I'm being honest".

Good times are ahead of us, kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I noticed with some of the kids had either family or party mates around them when their name was called out

This kid clearly comes from a good family, stayed home to watch it with them

There might be something to the rumour that he wasn’t too keen on travelling interstate given the emotion shown - but hey, that’s a nice win for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"It was a mix of joy and relief. It's just a dream come true. Neil is one of my best mates and I've spent a lot of time with him and Jye is a great bloke as well. It's pretty much a perfect result if I'm being honest".

Good times are ahead of us, kids.
We seem to take mates as such, which helps. We still had Cerra here for 4 years, compared to Jeff White.I’d consider that a win.

What I noticed with some of the kids had either family or party mates around them when their name was called out

That is because most would be at leavers.

This kid clearly comes from a good family, stayed home to watch it with them

There might be something to the rumour that he wasn’t too keen on travelling interstate given the emotion shown - but hey, that’s a nice win for us

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most are at leavers

+ He was invited to the night before where it was just family and managers allowed, didn't get picked up so it makes sense to keep it quiet the next night, don't want the added pressure after a sleepless night

Remove this Banner Ad

Back