Toast Welcome to Fremantle Matthew Johnson (pick 21 2021 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure where you read that? One of the knocks on him is his speed. Not that he is slow but because he plays more outside than other mid options I think ideally he'd be much quicker. More than makes up for it with his disposal imo.
A 20m spring in less than 3 seconds, I was surprised by the calls on his speed?
Compared to Blakely’s 20m, over 3.
Luke Polson was 2.9, so might be worth keeping an eye on as a mature ager?

Bad news folks re: Johnno

Will we see any of Neil Erasmus, Jye Amiss or Matt Johnson early in the season in the AFL?

Further down the track for Amiss and Johnson because of the work they have missed. Amiss has missed a lot of work since Christmas because of an injury and Johnno isn’t going to be available for another five or six weeks. We will bide our time with those two.

images (24).jpeg

For a guy who is 6'4" he has a good size about him already. He is about 80-85kgs as it is so i reckon another 5 or so kgs of muscle would be enough.
Pendlebury is 191cm at 86 kg
Mundy is 192cm at 93 kg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I read the other day Petracca runs around at almost 100kg!
Monstrous with his explosive power at that weight

Always made me laugh on here when people said he is slow.
Me too. He tested as one of the most athletic mids in his draft class. One of the best for agility and straight sprint speed too. He was training on a wing in practice matches during the preseason. His speed is excellent to outstanding from what Ive seen.

Not sure where you read that? One of the knocks on him is his speed. Not that he is slow but because he plays more outside than other mid options I think ideally he'd be much quicker. More than makes up for it with his disposal imo.
Johnson has elite speed for a big mid. Not sure what any write up said but he was running away from players playing on a wing in match practice simulations during the preseason. He was also doing very well in sprint work too. Matching it with guys of his size like Hughes and Logue who are both quick.

Johnson has elite speed for a big mid. Not sure what any write up said but he was running away from players playing on a wing in match practice simulations during the preseason. He was also doing very well in sprint work too. Matching it with guys of his size like Hughes and Logue who are both quick.
I'm sure if he gets off to a slow start at Peel the knives will be out from some on here, but once he gets into it he'll be a massive point of difference for us. A genuine impact player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back