Toast Welcome to Fremantle Neil Erasmus (pick 10 2021 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Waiting for a video package from freo of Raz’s touches from yesterday. Some were class, a lot were tough and most smart positioning

He built them quietly without much fanfare - outside his mates chanting ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Raz has the potential to be a Cousins or Petracca type player for us, power through the middle put the team on your shoulders type stuff

Also anyone looking down on someone because they went to a private school is either a complete *head or just downright stupid, so i guess pick which one you are then shut the * up

Cerra is a good mid, I just think Raz will be better.

cerra has good skills but i feel like he lacks the hunger for the footy. He also kicks very few goals for a guy who supposedly has elite kicking and finishing. Look i think he is a good operator but i don't think he is an elite talent like some would have you believe. I think his ceiling is an andrew gaff type which is OK i guess.

cerra has good skills but i feel like he lacks the hunger for the footy. He also kicks very few goals for a guy who supposedly has elite kicking and finishing. Look i think he is a good operator but i don't think he is an elite talent like some would have you believe. I think his ceiling is an andrew gaff type which is OK i guess.
Geez, you're entitled to your views on Cerra, but this is a very low blow!

The comments about his school mates on here are amusing.
I didn’t see anything wrong with what they did yesterday it was a bit of fun.
Overall in the AFL though there is a rather unhealthy obsession with certain private schools. James Brayshaw is one of the worst, constantly referring to it in commentary. It’s always the boy from scotch college, or the boy from Hailebury or hale school. Even Pav does it a bit.
How come we never hear them talk about the kid from Cohuna secondary college or Cobden technical school?
News flash to AFL commentary teams - most people don’t give a flying fu** what school a player went to.
I was always a bit dirty that the commentators never referred to Josh Head and Daniel Gilmore as the boys from Kelmscott Senior High School. Although, as Roleystone boys they probably appreciated that 😂

The thing i like about him is that he seems to lift to the level he is playing at. Gone from basically PSA footy to WAFL against bigger bodies and to AFL and seemed to have not missed a beat. I look forward to what he can produce in the coming years.
100% agree! I've often wondered if this is a metric* that can be analysed to make calls early on the "elites". He just seemed to understand the speed of the game from very early on. It wasn't a completely silky smooth or a debut for the ages, but there was more than enough there to see he will become an absolute weapon in a few seasons time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Justin Longmuir, Governor Stirling
Nic Nat and Son Son...?

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hale boys. Christian Porter, Ben Roberts-Smith. Possibly the most morally bankrupt alumni in the country. You do the maths. Having a chant for a first game like that was typical privilege on display. Chants need to be earned, on this stage. Thankfully he has a head down, blue collar work rate. The sooner he adopts an O'driscoll like Northam/wheatbelt mentality and tells his tooly mates to head to west coast the better, imo.
What makes you think he doesn’t have a workman like mentality just because his mates celebrated his debut? Really ordinary and judgemental things to say. As for his entitled mates it’s up to them what they do in the stands mate. He can only control what he does on the field…

Pretty sure Nicnat went to Swan View high not sure about Sonny
They're listed among Govo's alumni, as well as Lobb for a few years.

It says NicNat was there for the full 5 years, but Walters only his last 2 years, so i think Walters went to Swan View from year 8 to 10.

*Don't look in the K section

Come on who really gives a s**t, can someone please just give us his highlights.
Agreed, since most just ignored me asking nicely, I’ll be deleting anything else that isn’t along the lines of:
  • Do we think Neil wins 5 brownlows or just the 4
  • is it reasonable to think he gets his first AA nod this year?
  • Where will his debut season be rated amongst the other greats when he kicks his 30th goal playing out of the middle?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back