Aug 2, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Nice.

22355ac8ea8284f684fbe8acd7fae18d

I wonder how Lloyd and co. Rate next years draft? As I see it next year we will have a top 10 pick then our next will be about 60 something
Regardless, I take my hat off to them for getting pick 2 and Wilson in the door
Welcome aboard Matera!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how Lloyd and co. Rate next years draft? As I see it next year we will have a top 10 pick then our next will be about 60 something
Welcome aboard Matera!

Next year's draft isn't as important as this one right here. With the age profile of our players, having 2 top talents now makes them 21 when we are in our window. Having more top talents next year will still make them a touch too young to really impact during the time we need them to be 23-26. Plus we have our academy picks the next few years which should balance things out

He could play his best football at Fremantle. I think there was a game at Subiaco a few years ago where he caused an injury to Ballantyne - a shoulder, or a concussion type injury in a tackle and now they're teammates or possibly vying for the same small forward role.

He could play his best football at Fremantle. I think there was a game at Subiaco a few years ago where he caused an injury to Ballantyne - a shoulder, or a concussion type injury in a tackle and now they're teammates or possibly vying for the same small forward role.

Balla is 30+ can't keep his feet and has been on a downward slide for the last 2 years. I was honestly shocked we gave him another contract. Matera should easily have him covered if he cant stay on the park.

Welcome aboard Matera!

Sell Suban and Sutcliffe to GC for 2 first rounders and 3 seconds

Welcome aboard Matera!

We may just need a collection of junk picks for Carter next year, depending on how highly he is rated. We can also go into deficit if we are desperate to get him.

Welcome big guy. Slight overs but it makes up for us going in dry for weller

Dudee, it's not overs at all.

You are never going to get a player of his talent at pick 50 in the draft unless they have a drug addiction like that guy Hawthorn got a couple of years ago. Not saying he's as talented, but I watched a lot of Gold Coast games this year after Barlow crossed over and he has the potential to be a very handy B+ player, even maybe push the A-grade barrier for a year or two during his peak years.

Draft picks are so overrated. It's like on eBay: you can buy a brand new electronic device for $300, or you can buy one that's been taken out of it's packaging and used once for $200. There's a sexiness to something that's new and untouched and an appeal to not knowing what you're going to unearth with a pick used on a kid, but the shrewdness is banking a proven B-grader in Matera instead of crapshooting with pick 50 next year and hoping you might get a B-grader or above at that pick when it's like a 10-20% chance in reality going off previous drafts.

He needs to lose a couple of kilos, he has a bit of a fat ass and not sure his defensive efforts are on the level of some of the Richmond smalls, but I am very happy to have him at Freo at that pick and I think everyone else will be as well once he plays a few games next year.

Needs to lose some kg, massive pre season coming for him, but can see him doing well

Welcome Brandon!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back