Toast Welcome to Freo, Brandon Matera!

Remove this Banner Ad

If he stays disciplined and injury free he's a very good pick up...

In a low scoring side almost as bad as ours he kicked 22 goals in 10 games for GC which would have had him equal third on goals for Freo this year despite less games

Welcome, Brandon.

If we combine the Matera and Crozier trades and calculate points then we effectively traded Crozier and a pick around 67 (Late Rnd 4) for Matera.
IMHO that's a pretty even trade.

Happy with this. If he can stay on the park and can improve his consistency he’s a very worthwhile addition.. The talent is there and he kicks the ball very well.

Welcome Brandon...

Watched his AFL highlights vid.. most of them was when Gold Coast was ahead of the opposition, sometimes significantly. Going off the amount of Wins GC actually have I'm worried he may be a down hill skiier, let's see.

He's underrated on this board - confident he'll be a good player for us. With Ballas on the way out it just wouldn't have been Fremantle without a pesky little s**t of a small fwd running around sending the keyboard mashers into a frenzy

Has been hit and miss the last couple of years - not just on the field either. Although now that it's official my faith in our culture and Ross bringing the best out of him has gone up a fair bit. I really think we will see his best football with us and a setting change is what he needed. I'm a little bit more excited about him than Wilson if I'm being honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome Brandon...

Watched his AFL highlights vid.. most of them was when Gold Coast was ahead of the opposition, sometimes significantly. Going off the amount of Wins GC actually have I'm worried he may be a down hill skiier, let's see.
Isn't that a small forward thing though? If your team isn't getting the ball inside 50 how can a small forward do their job?

One unexpected thing I was encouraged by with Brandon is how many rebound 50s he averaged - seems he works up the ground pretty well as well.

Always thought he was a massive flog, maybe it's just his last name haha. Welcome Brandon!

Matera is indigenous is he not?

We'll go close to setting another record most indigenous in a match again next year.

Matera is indigenous is he not?

We'll go close to setting another record most indigenous in a match again next year.

Yes, all the Wagin Materas are of Italian and Noongar heritage. Brandon's grandmother was a Collard.

I still feel that all Materas belong at West Coast though. Just seems like a West Coast name. Doesn't help that Wagin used to be our most bitter rivals at country footy then seeing all the Materas go off to play for West Coast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back