Toast Welcome to Freo, Brandon Matera!

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow, way to blow a poster's ( couldhavebeen ) incorrect assertion straight out the window......Well done.
If Matera is so blood good why did Gold Coast let him go so cheap . They couldn't keep him on the park . 10 games out of 22 folks . He was going to be delisted if a new home wasn't found . Yes Ballas is 30 and not getting any younger but his defensive pressure , run down tackling and taking one for the team has never changed , if it had changed he like so many others would have been gone . He not only plays as a defensive forward but has been used through the midfield . How many times has he been our only forward in the forward line , been out numbered and against bigger defenders and still competed without fear. When and if Matera does those things he will have my respect and gratitude. Stats only give you one side of a player the rest how is effective is he on the outcome of games .

Last time Ballantyne went into midfield he chose to bump the ball carrier instead of tackle and was easily beaten

Copped a massive bake from the commentators too

Matera won't do anything in the middle either, he'd blow up

If Matera is so blood good why did Gold Coast let him go so cheap . They couldn't keep him on the park . 10 games out of 22 folks . He was going to be delisted if a new home wasn't found . Yes Ballas is 30 and not getting any younger but his defensive pressure , run down tackling and taking one for the team has never changed , if it had changed he like so many others would have been gone . He not only plays as a defensive forward but has been used through the midfield . How many times has he been our only forward in the forward line , been out numbered and against bigger defenders and still competed without fear. When and if Matera does those things he will have my respect and gratitude. Stats only give you one side of a player the rest how is effective is he on the outcome of games .
Whipping boy for 2018 confirmed for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes Ballas is 30 and not getting any younger but his defensive pressure , run down tackling and taking one for the team has never changed

Ballas has been dead set ordinary for 2 years and is only going to get worse. Lucky to get a game this year, will be even luckier if he gets a game next year.

I see Matera and Ballas playing together as small forwards, releasing Walters to play more mid or "high HF" role.

And Bennell?

I can't see both Matera and Ballantyne playing in the same team to be honest. It will be 1 or the other.

Nah I think he’s waiting for the right moment...Nathan Wilson would be a hard act to follow.
True. He's just been waiting for the right time to say: "You're either Freo or West Coast. And I'm Freo. Even my dad Wally, and my uncles Peter and Phil can't stand that other mob anymore". Wirra, WC supporters and The West will get all offended about it, and we'll once again get to smile at their overreaction to some banter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back